MCUism

PPG waveform acquistion using Photodiodes - Is it possible with Raspberry Pi?

Sat Jun 15, 2019 11:02 am

Hey there,

I've been trying to make a multi-parameter biomedical system that displays various parameters like SpO2 percentage, Heart rate variability, etc., for which I want to use a red led and a photodiode in order to receive the reflected light from the skin. I would like to know whether this project is possible with a raspberry. The main reason I'm trying to do it with the raspberry pi is that the further part of my project contains a displaying part. It will be very easier for me if I use a Raspberry Pi as I am a bit familiar with using displays with Rpi's.

Please suggest me better ways to approach this project.

omegaman477

Re: PPG waveform acquistion using Photodiodes - Is it possible with Raspberry Pi?

Sat Jun 15, 2019 3:30 pm

MCUism wrote:
Sat Jun 15, 2019 11:02 am
Hey there,

I've been trying to make a multi-parameter biomedical system that displays various parameters like SpO2 percentage, Heart rate variability, etc., for which I want to use a red led and a photodiode in order to receive the reflected light from the skin. I would like to know whether this project is possible with a raspberry. The main reason I'm trying to do it with the raspberry pi is that the further part of my project contains a displaying part. It will be very easier for me if I use a Raspberry Pi as I am a bit familiar with using displays with Rpi's.

Please suggest me better ways to approach this project.
HR detection is fairly easy. PPO2 is a lot harder.

THe RPI can process and display all the data you require, assuming your detectors are working.

I would start by reading through the various patents from Apple and LG for their watches. The smarts are all in the software.
..the only thing worse than a stupid question is a question not asked.

Return to “Other projects”