gintonik

Ideas for a Homemade Ware-House System

Fri Jun 07, 2019 3:47 am

Hi,

i´m very interrested in many thing, not just the RPI only. But i have a real Problem:

Many things i own i can´t find because they are somewhere in my Cellar in one of the uncount Boxes. So i have the Idea about a Ware House System like Amazon it use!

I´d like to have a Database, where i can descript the thing and give them a Box. I bought a shelf with many rows and counts, so there no Problem to use many Boxes. And as the highlight it will be nice when a LED shows the right Boxs. For Example the Shelf is 8x8 (Row and Count) so i need a LED-Matrix what is activated after a SQL-Answer.

Build a LED-Matrix and control it with python is not a problem, i´m already done some Projects with LEDs. But is there exist a simple Database who can speak with a python script? I think i have to use sqlite on the RPI and work with a PHP-Website.

What you are think about this Project?

Just tell me your Meaning and Ideas about this....

Greets...

k-pi

Re: Ideas for a Homemade Ware-House System

Fri Jun 07, 2019 10:11 am

Personally, I'd just use Sqlite. :)

gintonik

Fri Jun 07, 2019 11:02 am

Using sqlite looks like a way to realise it. I have to use a single Table, there´s no need do work with more then one, because i just only want sorting my parts und not selling it to customers.

Is it possible to start a python script from the example query.php? I have to make a Field with the Location and the Location have to call a python-script, what are turn on the LED inside the Section of the shelf.

omegaman477

Sat Jun 08, 2019 5:22 pm

gintonik wrote:
Fri Jun 07, 2019 3:47 am
Hi,

i´m very interrested in many thing, not just the RPI only. But i have a real Problem:

Many things i own i can´t find because they are somewhere in my Cellar in one of the uncount Boxes. So i have the Idea about a Ware House System like Amazon it use!

I´d like to have a Database, where i can descript the thing and give them a Box. I bought a shelf with many rows and counts, so there no Problem to use many Boxes. And as the highlight it will be nice when a LED shows the right Boxs. For Example the Shelf is 8x8 (Row and Count) so i need a LED-Matrix what is activated after a SQL-Answer.

Build a LED-Matrix and control it with python is not a problem, i´m already done some Projects with LEDs. But is there exist a simple Database who can speak with a python script? I think i have to use sqlite on the RPI and work with a PHP-Website.

What you are think about this Project?

Just tell me your Meaning and Ideas about this....

Greets...
Definitly barcode or QR code the boxes, integrate a simple barcode scanner.

Python has libraries almost all database engines. What database you use is irrelevant, you application is not demanding. You could use a flat file structure, which is read into an array. Personally I would use SQLlite, its memory friendly.

If you know SQL then use an SQL RDMS.
..the only thing worse than a stupid question is a question not asked.

Return to “Other projects”