rky6869

Raspberry pi 3 b+ Tablet

Sat Jun 02, 2018 8:53 pm

Hello everybody!

I want to make a tablet with an 7 inch touchscreen or less (it has to be touchscreen and cant be over 7 inch)
Power supply
case
fan
the raspberry pi

Thats Everything i need
I would like an amazon links to things on there

I want like an fully working raspberry pi 3 b+ tablet basically.

I WOULD BE SOOOO THANKFUL FOR SOME HELP!
I have tried to search for a month now!
Somebody please help me!

Imperf3kt

Re: Raspberry pi 3 b+ Tablet

Sat Jun 02, 2018 10:41 pm

You won't really find anything for this. At least, not anything portable - the Pi3 versions of the Pi require too much power.

I'm trying to make myself a similar thing, but its really not ideal for portability. Stick to a Pi2B or Pi0w for portability.
55:55:44:44:4C
52:4C:52:42:41

aBUGSworstnightmare

Sun Jun 03, 2018 6:27 am

A Pi Zero W connected to a Manga Screen 2 would give you a 5.9in touch device with FullHD resolution.
As the screen used in Manga Screen 2 was developed for mobile phones you will have small current consumption for such a unit--> small battery size

fruitoftheloom

Sun Jun 03, 2018 6:39 am

aBUGSworstnightmare wrote:
Sun Jun 03, 2018 6:27 am
A Pi Zero W connected to a Manga Screen 2 would give you a 5.9in touch device with FullHD resolution.
As the screen used in Manga Screen 2 was developed for mobile phones you will have small current consumption for such a unit--> small battery size

LMFTFY

https://www.thing-printer.com/product/manga-screen/
Retired disgracefully.....

stefanv

Wed Jun 06, 2018 12:23 am

I've built a tablet using a Pi 3, not a B+, and get about 10 hours of battery life out of it. It's about the size of a typical 7" Android tablet and about twice as thick (17.6mm). Together with a portable Bluetooth keyboard and mouse, I now use this, instead of a laptop, when traveling (for e-mail, web browsing, and software development).

A Compact Home-Made Raspberry Pi Tablet

The caveat: this is not a put-it-together-from-off-the-shelf-parts project. The display is modified, the Pi is modified, and the case is hand-made.
Stefan Vorkoetter: Programmer, hobbyist, amateur watchmaker, pilot, and collector of fountain pens, slide rules, calculators, and watches.

Imperf3kt

Wed Jun 06, 2018 12:40 am

stefanv wrote:
Wed Jun 06, 2018 12:23 am
I've built a tablet using a Pi 3, not a B+, and get about 10 hours of battery life out of it. It's about the size of a typical 7" Android tablet and about twice as thick (17.6mm). Together with a portable Bluetooth keyboard and mouse, I now use this, instead of a laptop, when traveling (for e-mail, web browsing, and software development).

A Compact Home-Made Raspberry Pi Tablet

The caveat: this is not a put-it-together-from-off-the-shelf-parts project. The display is modified, the Pi is modified, and the case is hand-made.
If I may ask, what is powering it and do you get any undervolt warnings?
Particularly while running stress (sudo apt install stress) or more demanding tasks?
Hows it go for temperature? I've had issues keeping my Pi cool enough to not burn your fingers / thermally throttle.

Edit:

Nevermind, I didn't see the link in the post. Is that an Adafruit 1000c?
55:55:44:44:4C
52:4C:52:42:41

stefanv

Wed Jun 06, 2018 1:37 am

Yes, it's a PowerBoost 1000C. The only time I've ever had undervolt warnings was when plugged in and using an inadequate power supply (when plugged in, the external supply powers the Pi directly, so if it's inadequate, the voltage will be too low).

The CPU will get quite hot if I over do it, e.g. make -j 4 keeping all four cores busy compiling something, so I generally avoid doing anything really stressful. But stuff like browsing in Chromium while compiling something in the background is no problem for it.
Stefan Vorkoetter: Programmer, hobbyist, amateur watchmaker, pilot, and collector of fountain pens, slide rules, calculators, and watches.

IanS

Wed Jun 06, 2018 11:20 am

If you're not up to duplicating Stefanv's excellent work, you might consider https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/rasp ... e-ideas-pc, which has been mentioned in the forums before. However, it is a bigger screen than you wanted (10") and the claimed battery life is only 3 hours.

Return to “Other projects”