nosoup4you718
Posts: 4
Joined: Sat Oct 13, 2012 2:52 am

Looking for 300 cases at about $3ish USD each. Any ideas?

Mon Oct 15, 2012 10:52 pm

Looking for a basic case. Doesn't need to be anything special. So far my best bet has been using a generic polycase from www.polycase.com

http://www.polycase.com/surface-mount-lp-series

I would have to drill the needed port holes myself though and would much rather have a premade case.

Thanks!

Widdershins
Posts: 16
Joined: Tue Aug 07, 2012 7:35 am

Re: Looking for 300 cases at about $3ish USD each. Any ideas

Tue Oct 16, 2012 7:01 am

I guess if you could find someone to cut/punch out 300 of these?

http://www.thepixelpump.com/widdershins ... e-ver2.php

Image

I should really look into the costs of getting a die made...

User avatar
RaTTuS
Posts: 10506
Joined: Tue Nov 29, 2011 11:12 am
Location: North West UK
Contact: Twitter YouTube

Re: Looking for 300 cases at about $3ish USD each. Any ideas

Tue Oct 16, 2012 7:21 am

How To ask Questions :- http://www.catb.org/esr/faqs/smart-questions.html
WARNING - some parts of this post may be erroneous YMMV

1QC43qbL5FySu2Pi51vGqKqxy3UiJgukSX
Covfefe

rasbeer
Posts: 242
Joined: Wed Mar 07, 2012 8:35 am

Re: Looking for 300 cases at about $3ish USD each. Any ideas

Tue Oct 16, 2012 3:13 pm

nosoup4you718 wrote:Looking for a basic case. Doesn't need to be anything special. So far my best bet has been using a generic polycase from http://www.polycase.com

http://www.polycase.com/surface-mount-lp-series

I would have to drill the needed port holes myself though and would much rather have a premade case.
Maybe drop jiangfeizuo@gmail.com a line; his family has a plastic moulding factory in China, and he's been retailing cases for about $4 there - see this thread. Perhaps he could even do a modified run for you...

nosoup4you718
Posts: 4
Joined: Sat Oct 13, 2012 2:52 am

Re: Looking for 300 cases at about $3ish USD each. Any ideas

Tue Oct 16, 2012 4:15 pm

Widdershins wrote:I guess if you could find someone to cut/punch out 300 of these?

http://www.thepixelpump.com/widdershins ... e-ver2.php

Image

I should really look into the costs of getting a die made...
This is a def. an option, but i'm looking for something a little more sturdy. Thanks!

nosoup4you718
Posts: 4
Joined: Sat Oct 13, 2012 2:52 am

Re: Looking for 300 cases at about $3ish USD each. Any ideas

Tue Oct 16, 2012 4:16 pm

rasbeer wrote:
nosoup4you718 wrote:Looking for a basic case. Doesn't need to be anything special. So far my best bet has been using a generic polycase from http://www.polycase.com

http://www.polycase.com/surface-mount-lp-series

I would have to drill the needed port holes myself though and would much rather have a premade case.
Maybe drop jiangfeizuo@gmail.com a line; his family has a plastic moulding factory in China, and he's been retailing cases for about $4 there - see this thread. Perhaps he could even do a modified run for you...
Looks like a very viable option, sent him an e-mail. Thanks!

Raspberry-Pie
Posts: 9
Joined: Fri Sep 07, 2012 10:45 am

Re: Looking for 300 cases at about $3ish USD each. Any ideas

Mon Oct 22, 2012 3:26 pm

Hi,

I don't know if you've seen our new case, but drop me a line at sales@cyntech.co.uk and we can discuss supplying these to you.
http://www.cyntech.co.uk/pr.php?item=cy ... -of-its-49

We've also got all the cables and power suppliers you might need

Cyntechusa
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu Oct 25, 2012 6:06 pm

Re: Looking for 300 cases at about $3ish USD each. Any ideas

Thu Oct 25, 2012 6:13 pm

Cyntech, Inc. is the US company to contact for the Cyntech Raspberry Pi case, now available in raspberry, blueberry, clearberry and black - with the Raspberry Pi logo (licensed). Please contact us: sales@cyntechgroup.com for ordering your Raspberry Pi cases in the USA.

Return to “Other projects”