angel6700

My wooden case

Sun Jul 15, 2012 7:13 pm

Hello,

I have made a wood case for my raspberry pi, using a wooden case I bought for 1€.
I used Scketch Up for drawing the model using the raspberrypi model I posted some weeks ago. With that I made the holes and ports needed and finally the raspberry logo on top.

It has some venting down and up.

This has been the first time I do something similar, and it's hand made and not very accurate.
Do you like it?

Some pictures of the final case:

Regards.
Angel

thexman

Re: My wooden case

Sun Jul 15, 2012 7:32 pm

nice looking case but the amount of wire isn't a good thing you will need to cover the metal wire as the pi doesn't like metal against the PCB sorry good effort nice looking case.
one armed controls engineer, my grammar is bad but lets face it most keyboards don't suit a one armed man

rurwin
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Sun Jul 15, 2012 8:19 pm

There's a shelf for the RaspPi to sit on, holding it off the wire. Nice case.

scep

Sun Jul 15, 2012 9:09 pm

I love: the cost :) ; the organic, hand-made vibe ; the use of Sketchup. A really nice case.

(Personally I would be paranoid that the grilles may get pushed through one of the slots and contact the Pi so I would leave them out (or replace with non-conductive mesh). But that's just me ;) )

[edit - on re-viewing, not sure if the grille is actually metal, in which case all is good :D]

pygmy_giant

Sun Jul 15, 2012 9:25 pm

Looks pretty strong, and wood is an easy material to work, so good solution..
Ostendo ignarus addo scientia.

angel6700

Sun Jul 15, 2012 10:10 pm

Hello guys,

thanks a lot for your comments.
I just need to point that the grid is (of course) non conductive. It is a spare plastic mosquito net for windows (not microsoft windows :lol: )

The board do not stay at the bottom of the case. I will share the sketchup design, where you can see it.

I'm glad you liked it.

forumisto

Mon Jul 23, 2012 10:39 am

I can't see the photos :/
angel6700 wrote:Hello,

I have made a wood case for my raspberry pi, using a wooden case I bought for 1€.
I used Scketch Up for drawing the model using the raspberrypi model I posted some weeks ago. With that I made the holes and ports needed and finally the raspberry logo on top.

This has been the first time I do something similar, and it's hand made and not very accurate.
Do you like it?

Some pictures of the final case:

Regards.
Angel

angel6700

Mon Jul 23, 2012 10:49 am

forumisto wrote:I can't see the photos :/
Sorry, I've just checked and photos are still there.
They are in my dropbox public folder, so can be a problem for you accessing them.

Regards.

eridan

Tue Aug 07, 2012 7:05 pm

angel6700 wrote:Hello,

Do you like it?

Regards.
Angel
Good work. Looks nice.
And it's very similar to this one http://www.raspberry-pi-case.net/

Return to “Other projects”