Ladies and Gentlemen...
Fellow Raspinauts and Kodifiles...
Humanoids, reptiloids, fishoids, octopoids, walking treeoids and super-intelligent shades of the color blue...
I present to you...
Kodi 18.4 Leia built specifically for RPi 4
with support for hardware decoding of HEVC (h.265) files.
Code: Select all
sudo apt install ./kodi-rpi4_18.4.0-5_armhf.deb
Gotchas/things of note:
- Set your gpu_mem to 256 or higher in config.txt (ie, gpu_mem=256).
- Enable fkms driver in config.txt (ie, dtoverlay=vc4-fkms-v3d).
- This version of Kodi requires a text terminal to be active and there are several ways of launching it:
- Simply select Kodi application in the Raspbian menu.
- Open a terminal in Raspbian and enter kodi-rpi4.
- Press Ctrl+Alt+F1 (or any of the F1-F6 keys) to switch to a text terminal, log in as needed and enter kodi.
And of course if you feel so inclined, you can buy me one as well for my small effort in making it easily available
as a .deb package that anyone with a brain cell or two can install on their RPi 4s. https://paypal.me/buy1coffee4me
Share and enjoy.