JohnPud

Distorted USB audio

Sun Jul 01, 2018 6:24 pm

Hi,

I downloaded the current version of Raspbian and made a fresh install on a USB stick. When I enabled the Creative Play!2 USB audio player the sound was distorted. I knew it should work because I had it working last year when I bought it. I loaded the April 18 image but didn't update and the Play!2 worked as expected. I then apt-get updated to the current OS version and the sound is distorted again. :-( This suggests to me that there may be a problem with the latest Raspbian distro - has anybody had a similar problem? All I did was disable the internal audio, and I am using the default ALSA configuration. The sounsblaster Play!2 is the only option presented when I right-click on the speaker icon.

Man in a van

Re: Distorted USB audio

Mon Jul 02, 2018 10:15 am

I use a Stoner Acoustic u11 without a problem on the new, and previous, OS (full desktop and Lite versions)

When you updated did you run both commands?

Code: Select all

sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get -y dist-upgrade 
Ronnie

JohnPud

Mon Jul 02, 2018 1:41 pm

I ran the commands without the -y - what does that do?

epoch1970

Mon Jul 02, 2018 2:11 pm

"man apt-get" would be useful in this case.
("-y" injects "Yes" when the system asks something, so that it can run unattended. Unless you answered "No" somewhere, you don't need to re-run the update. Although it won't hurt.)
"S'il n'y a pas de solution, c'est qu'il n'y a pas de problème." Les Shadoks, J. Rouxel

Return to “Graphics, sound and multimedia”