After some fun with my bird-watching-project i would like to dive into robotics and build my first robot I would like to create a very basic robot which i can improve over time with new abilities and sensors to get used to this new world. I tried to find out all the abilities i would like to add.
- Drive around (2 continuous servos)
- Avoid obstacles (Ultrasonic Ranging Module)
- Record/Stream Images/Videos (Webcam)
- Voice/Face recognition (Webcam/Webcam-Mic)
- "Stand-up" and balance itself on two wheels (Accelerometer&Gyro)
- Audio feedback (Small Speaker)
- Remote Control (Wlan/Bluetooth)
- Powered with cable
- Detect movement in room and drive to it (Motion detector)
- Battery powered
- Temperature sensing
I am not sure about the design yet, but i think it should look like something between a 3-wheeled-robot (http://goo.gl/8MnGb) and a balance-bot (http://goo.gl/FRWu8)
- Raspberry Pi
- Raspberry Pi Breakout Kit
- Robot Chassis with three wheels (2xbigger, 1xsmaller)
- Ultrasonic Ranging Module (HC-SR04)
- Accelerometer & Gyro (?)
- Webcam (Old Logitech Webcam)
- Servos (?)
- Wlan/Bluetooth USB-Dongle
Optional Equipment needed
- Motion detector (DYP-ME003)
- Temperature sensor (DS18B20)
My questions so far
- Is this all possible with the RaspberryPi itself or do i need other things to drive all this equipment
- I've listed a few part numbers, are they ok? alternatives?
- Is a servo the right kind of motor for my purpose
- What programming language is best for all the abilities
- Should i get the parts and just start somewhere and get excited or plan everything exactly how it should work?
It doesn't matter if this isn't going to be a perfect robot. The main goal is to learn and improve my skills and have loads of fun Thank you very much!