killor

domestic robot like Robot Warehouse KIVA

Mon Apr 15, 2013 6:57 pm

I have seen one of the many video KIVA Warehouse Robot .. and asked myself.

The humanoid robot type are very exciting but very complex to make and schedule and not see them practical for the task they have to do.

Manipulation of objects is complex, but the take from point A to point B, is relatively simple with wheels.

So I think it is possible and practical solution if you have to spend huge amounts of money and time.
And I think the biggest difficulty in the software will be able to communicate one or more units ...

Would it be possible to make one for domestic using RASPBERRY PI and some additional hardware for motors, sensors, barcode scaner,etc? So we could have ordered the room, the pantry, the closet ..?

Anyway, I do not want to spend $ 1million dollars has to buy a KIVA, but about $ 200 to $ 500 would not be bad ...

What do you think?
We have a discount for purchases made in ETSY site :o
Discount Codes :MAYTHE4TH :!:

Ravenous

Re: domestic robot like Robot Warehouse KIVA

Tue Apr 16, 2013 8:51 am

Definitely. I've been trying to build one for years (I call it my Trolley). Unfortunately I keep changing my mind and rebuilding it, so it hasn't got far...

But something like this is a lot more realistic for everyday use than the more complex designs that get suggested, I think.

killor

Re: domestic robot like Robot Warehouse KIVA

Mon Mar 17, 2014 8:38 pm

Today I saw this robot DoodleBorg, the company PiBORG and
I see that it may be feasible make a mobile base for carrying objects middleweight (30Kg to 50Kg)

http://www.piborg.org/images/DoodleBorg ... de_600.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p1SGYI0CkXI

Try to emulate the idea of ​​a robot (as KIVA) at low cost is possible now ... :roll:
We have a discount for purchases made in ETSY site :o
Discount Codes :MAYTHE4TH :!:

Return to “Automation, sensing and robotics”