kgrr

Razberry - ZWave Home Control

Sun Feb 17, 2013 4:55 pm

I am considering ordering the Z-Wave Razberry-Pi GPIO Daughter Card to build an experimental home controller now that they appear to be shipping.Image
Has anyone else ordered already?
http://razberry.zwave.me/

If so, what devices are you able to control?
* Switches
* Dimmers
* Thermostat
* Door Locks
* Door/Window Sensors

Can a Razberry (Raspberry Pi + Zwave daughter card) be used to
* Control the garage door?
* Control automated blinds?
* Get events from the doorbell or phone ringing?
* Sense water under the hot water heater, the sinks or on the bathroom floor?

manxam

Re: Razberry - ZWave Home Control

Mon Feb 18, 2013 6:51 am

All of your requirements can be met wirelessly with various zwave sensors or wired through relays and contact closures connected directly to the Pi.

From what I recall the Razberry doesn't currently support beaming and/or the security (lock) class so it won't be able to connect to your door lock. Apparently the'll be offering a firmware upgrade late. I'm not certain why they wouldn't include it in the get-go though which worries me about future product support. If this were 5 years ago and door locks just hitting the scene I could understand but now I'd say a good majority of people with Zwave automation systems also have locks.

zwave

Mon Feb 18, 2013 3:08 pm

Hi, the RaZberry does support wakeup beam and will support Security Command Classes in about a week or so. Its in final testing, so please stay tuned ;-)

Chris

kgrr

Mon Feb 18, 2013 5:02 pm

I was expecting the response to the first question with this list to be relatively easy:

* Switches <---<<
* Dimmers <---<<
* Thermostat
* Door Locks
* Door/Window Sensors <---<<

Do you support Jasco/GE switches and dimmers since they are available at many hardware stores such as Loew's?

I also expected difficulty with the thermostats since the functionality is a bit complex.

Do you already support Trane thermostats?

But I did expect problems with the Door Locks due to the encryption issue.

Do you support Schlage, Kwikset, and/or Yale?

The part 2 question I was really asking if a Razberry (Raspberry Pi + Zwave daughter card) can be a DEVICE used to receive commands from another Raspberry Pi CONTROLLER or SECONDARY CONTROLLER to

I don't want to run wires all over my house ... eg an RS-485 network.

I want to deploy Razberry (s) near the Garage door opener, blind controller, where the phone line and doorbell come in the house and near the water sources in my house. Can Razberry receive and respond to ZWave commands?

flatline403

Mon Feb 18, 2013 8:56 pm

I am also considering ordering a RaZberry daughter card, but I'm waiting until the APIs are published (supposedly will happen early this week) and support for Security Command Class is added (supposedly by the end of this month).

I am a little disturbed by the lack of documentation/release dates on the Z-Wave.me site. They've been pretty good about answering questions in the forums, but the dates seem to be shifting and answers they give are usually ambiguous and poorly written. I'm hoping for the best because I'd really like to use RaZberry as the main controller for my Z-Wave setup, but so far the bad information on their site is giving me reason to question spending $70 + shipping. Hopefully they'll publish some complete, well-written documentation soon to answer all our questions.

Also, for reference, here's a link to buy RaZberry in the US: http://www.zwaveproducts.com/Zwave-Cont ... -Card.html

Here's a link to the forum on the z-wave.me site where they're answering questions about RaZberry:
http://en.z-wave.me/forums/razberry

zwave

Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:07 am

kgrr wrote:

* Switches <---<< : yes
* Dimmers <---<<: yes
* Thermostat : we support Thermostat Setpoint (set a temperature) and Termostat Setmode ( turn on/off heat/cool)
* Door Locks: comes with the security CC to be added this month
* Door/Window Sensors <---<< yes
Generally the RaZberry implements the Z-Wave command classes 1:1 so every Z-Wave device that complies to Z-Wave and is certified should work out of the box and experiences so far validates this statement. However 100 % guarantee can only be given once the device is physically tested. if you find a device that is not supported ( except the door locks where support comes with security commands later this month) please let us know and we WILL add it. we have tested the code physically against > 200 different devices but not all devices. (JASCO was not tested since we are in Europe and did not get the device into the lab yet)
The part 2 question I was really asking if a Razberry (Raspberry Pi + Zwave daughter card) can be a DEVICE used to receive commands from another Raspberry Pi CONTROLLER or SECONDARY CONTROLLER to
The Razberry itself is a Z-Wave Device as any other. If does control other products (see above) and is controlled by others. The device can issue a Node Information Frame. The content can be defined in the file defaults.xml of the Z-Way distribution for RaZberry. The following commands are accepted at the moment:
"ManufacturerSpecific", "MultiChannel", "Version", "MultiCmd", "SwitchMultilevel", "NodeNaming", "Basic". This means that you can use Z-Way as "receiver" of certain commands for ON/OFF and Motor control (Up/Down) functions. The bigger problem you will have is how to connect the signal received by Z-Way to real physical actions generated by the Raspberry Pi. This is of course possible but you will need to find ways to connect wires and actuators to the raspberry pi.

soph1

Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:45 am

How can we program Razberry ? with c language ? and the Lock Door needs 'lock door' and 'user code' command classes besides security command class.. Are they supported by Razberry ? Thank you

persimmon

Thu Feb 28, 2013 6:17 am

The Razberry itself is a Z-Wave Device as any other. If does control other products (see above) and is controlled by others. The device can issue a Node Information Frame. The content can be defined in the file defaults.xml of the Z-Way distribution for RaZberry. The following commands are accepted at the moment:
"ManufacturerSpecific", "MultiChannel", "Version", "MultiCmd", "SwitchMultilevel", "NodeNaming", "Basic". This means that you can use Z-Way as "receiver" of certain commands for ON/OFF and Motor control (Up/Down) functions.

Which z-wave Device Classes and Command Classes does the Razberry-Pi card implement?

citybluz

Wed Mar 06, 2013 8:15 pm

The post by "zwave" said that door locks would be supported later in February. I was just checking to see if that is the case now. Are door locks now supported by the zwave daughter card for rasberry?

soph1

Fri Mar 08, 2013 10:28 am

citybluz wrote:The post by "zwave" said that door locks would be supported later in February. I was just checking to see if that is the case now. Are door locks now supported by the zwave daughter card for rasberry?
I saw that also..i don't if it's or not ! anyone could answer !

mihol

Fri Mar 08, 2013 6:16 pm

I've found the answer on their forum http://en.z-wave.me/content/new-version ... y-released
" Mon, 04/03/2013 - 00:41
Forums:
RaZberry
New RaZberry software is out!

What's new:

Z-Wave secure door locks support
New Command Classes: Security, DoorLock and UserCode
New methods in JavaScript to make more fun with JS. See documentation on documentation RaZberry page.
Are a lot of bug fixes"

guess the Z-Wave forum is the better place to monitor.

Regards
Mike

citybluz

Fri Mar 08, 2013 6:27 pm

Awesome! Thanks for the reply and the link.

dmarti

Tue Mar 19, 2013 12:18 pm

Hi,
I manged to get the RaZberry to work and get data out from via ZWaveAPI from my AEON Labs HEM with JSON commands from my PC browser such as :
http://IP_OF_RASPBERRY/ZWaveAPI/Run/devices[2].instances[0].commandClasses[0x31].data.val.valueOf() .

Now I want to log data with Python scripts. Does anyone know how I can access the ZWaveAPI from a Python script on the Raspberry?

Or is there a documentation available somewhere that would help with that question?

(If yes can you give an example with the above JSON command?)

many thanks,

dmarti

canvin

Sun Apr 14, 2013 4:25 pm

Hi,

@dmarti : How did you managed to get zway and aeon labs z-stick works together ?

I've edited settings.xml and modified interface to TTYUSB0.

But i get the following error « failed to discover ZWay: -9″ (but key is well discovered).

Any ideas ?

Thanks ,

Canvin.

hekj

Sat Apr 27, 2013 4:46 pm

I have put my own home automation software NexaHome on a Raspbian wheezy image. It supports TellStick and/or RaZberry.

NexaHome - Raspbian wheezy - TellStick - RaZberry
http://www.telldus.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=3172

NexaHome
http://nexahome.se/

Most of the documentation is in Swedish, but English is used in the software so I hope that someone might find it useful anyway.
Henrik | http://nexahome.se

SirLouen

Fri Feb 28, 2014 1:30 am

I have a Fibaro Wall Plug connected to my Z-Way.
It reports the power consumption every 5 seconds
I would like to store the info every 5 seconds in a database or something in order to make some graphs and to know average consumption for a 24 hour period
Maybe there is something already done?

antongeorgiev

Thu Jul 24, 2014 8:54 pm

Have a look at http://jondot.github.io/groundcontrol/ and particularly how they log monitoring data using Librato.

GitHub: https://github.com/jondot/groundcontrol

Return to “Automation, sensing and robotics”