Hello, I've been scratching my head for hours now and decided to post here as I have almost given up all hope..
I'm working on a kitchen automation project for my boss that will log temperatures in our walk-in fridge/freezer. I'm using the waterproof self-contained DS18B20 probes. I got the code working and had it running for a few days while reading temps every 5 minutes successfully. We need to run it some distance, so we decided to use RJ11 phone line, which I just got wired up today..
Now the probes no longer show up in /sys/bus/w1/devices. I've used a multimeter to confirm the correct voltage and resistor values at the end of the cable run. I've tried switching to 5v power/3v3 pullup for the data line which still doesn't work.
For wiring I've tried both 5v and 3.3v for the probe, both of which had a resistor between 3.3v and data (GPIO 4). I've tried both 2kohm and 1kohm configurations, since the wires are running some distance.
The WORKING setup was 3.3v VCC and a 1kohm resistor between 3.3v and gpio pin 4.
I'm completely stumped.. Any information would be helpful.