matteoraggi

send a keystroke received from a raspbian "contemporarily" to another

Sat Apr 13, 2019 2:58 pm

Hi, I need that 2 raspbian will receive the same keystroke received from one of them (just CROSS TO LEFT and CROSS TO RIGHT, nothign else) simultaneously. Is that possible? how?
Raspberry Pi 3 model B - Raspbian 8 Jessie and buster and ubuntu core server 18 lts

omegaman477

Re: send a keystroke received from a raspbian "contemporarily" to another

Thu Apr 25, 2019 1:29 pm

matteoraggi wrote:
Sat Apr 13, 2019 2:58 pm
Hi, I need that 2 raspbian will receive the same keystroke received from one of them (just CROSS TO LEFT and CROSS TO RIGHT, nothign else) simultaneously. Is that possible? how?
"Contemporarily" what a great word, which it is not. Its better to use simpler English, than make stuff up.

We need more information.

1. Are the keystrokes from a manual keyboard, connected via USB or Serial?
2. "CROSS TO LEFT and CROSS TO RIGHT" does not make any sense. What are the actual keystroke (or keystrokes) you are trying to detect?
3. How critical is the timing? Does the keystrokes need to be presented to each RPi exactly at the same time (Contemporarily ;-) or will a nominal delay be acceptable as one Rpi passes the keystroke data to the next?

4. Maybe explain the application better, what is the purpose of this Contemporarily Collection Device?
..the only thing worse than a stupid question is a question not asked.

matteoraggi

Re: send a keystroke received from a raspbian "contemporarily" to another

Thu Apr 25, 2019 1:33 pm

I tryed to use https://github.com/debauchee/barrier both on windows and raspbian but I was not able to make it works..

Here the answers:
1. keystroke is connected trough bluetooth
2. keystroke left, keystroke right, thanks to clarify my bad english :-)
3. a nominal delay is acceptable as one Rpi passes the keystroke data to the next, thanks :-)
Raspberry Pi 3 model B - Raspbian 8 Jessie and buster and ubuntu core server 18 lts

Return to “Automation, sensing and robotics”