Winlin79

Looking for my first project please help

Wed Apr 10, 2019 12:26 pm

Hey guys

I‘m new here and have a new raspberry pi.
I would like to test it and I have a sound sensor and a speaker.

Is there a demo project which I can use to build up something with sound sensor raspberry and speaker???

I‘m not a programmer but good in Linux. Would be cool if you have something for
Me

Or

If you have some really cool ideas which I can do with less programming effort. Doesn’t matter if I have to buy a new sensor just give me some ideas. Also interesting to use the raspberry anyway with a public cloud;-)

omegaman477

Re: Looking for my first project please help

Fri Apr 12, 2019 10:40 am

Winlin79 wrote:
Wed Apr 10, 2019 12:26 pm
Hey guys

I‘m new here and have a new raspberry pi.
I would like to test it and I have a sound sensor and a speaker.

Is there a demo project which I can use to build up something with sound sensor raspberry and speaker???

I‘m not a programmer but good in Linux. Would be cool if you have something for
Me

Or

If you have some really cool ideas which I can do with less programming effort. Doesn’t matter if I have to buy a new sensor just give me some ideas. Also interesting to use the raspberry anyway with a public cloud;-)
Dont laugh.... but those new mimic furbies are all the rage and I have not seen a RPI project for one yet. You know the ones they listen to your speech and mimic it after pitching it up and they shake their body. A great kids project.

The RPI does not have an analogue Audio in, and requires a I2S interface module, many off the shelf. The audio out is standard but needs a small amplifier.

The standard Linux sound libraries are all available through the various language libraries (Python etc).

Adafruit has a great range of Off the shelf audio bits and bobs.

Keep us posted.
..the only thing worse than a stupid question is a question not asked.

Return to “Automation, sensing and robotics”