hariskar

Monitor temperature of different rooms

Mon Nov 26, 2018 11:43 pm

How can I read and monitor the temperature of different rooms or even refrigerators? Do I need 3rd party sensors and pair all of them with 1 Raspberry? Can they interact wireless? Could you please give me some clues what parts do I need and a basic plan or some similar project? Thank you!

OutoftheBOTS

Re: Monitor temperature of different rooms

Tue Nov 27, 2018 8:14 am

This type of setup of having number of sensors spread around and then all connected/networked together is quite often referred to as IOT

The easiest and most common way to do this is with a ESP8266 connected to each sensor then sending the data back to your RPi wirelessly via MQTT

Google it for a good starting point

natopal46

Wed Nov 28, 2018 12:13 pm

For "Wireless Interaction" you can use wireless temperature sensors - https://ncd.io/long-range-iot-wireless- ... ct-manual/
which also provides the gateway router which is easily connect with raspberry pi via USB and receive the data from these sensor and can send to internet cloud according to your specifications

tedani

Fri Nov 30, 2018 4:21 pm

I'm also looking for similar solution. My home has 2 Danfoss TP5000 thermostats, I'm gonna replace them with smart ones. However, the smart heating solutions available in the market need a separate controller to switch on/off the boiler, the thermostat merely monitors the room temperature. I want to have the controlling/switching functions built inside the thermostat, using RPi to set and read the thermostats.

Is such solution available? Is there anyone working on such solution? Is there anyone interested in this project?

Thanks.

PhatFil

Fri Nov 30, 2018 4:43 pm

for incorporating 'cheapish' bluetooth ble temp/humidity sensors into a Pi solution check out.
https://zsiti.eu/xiaomi-mijia-hygrother ... pberry-pi/
and https://github.com/ThomDietrich/miflora-mqtt-daemon

for a wall based temp display and target temp controller consider re-using an old redundant mobile phone you can use to browse to a dashboard web page hosted on your Pi, turn off its screen saver and hook it upto its charger 24/7 == instant HIVE type display.

Host a mqtt broker on the pi too and you can use a wifi/mqtt controlled power relay device to control the heating wirelessly from the PI with control inputs (temp target setting) from your phone/gui

for a control system you can also host on the pi check out openhab, domoticz, or node red.

morticiaskeeper

Sun Dec 02, 2018 6:15 pm

I monitor the temperatures in all of my rooms.

Each room has a Zero W with a DS18B20 temperature sensor.

Every half hour, each pi updates a SQL database on another ZeroW LAMP server. This has a suite of php pages to give various analysis of the data in both table form and Google Charts.

Each sensor can be accessed at anytime. All of the pi are also used for other applications. The bedroom ones have a buzzer so people can be remotely called via remoteGPIO. The living room pi controls the aquarium lights and temperatures, The kitchen pi reads inside and outside temperatures as well as a PIR triggered CCTV camera covering the garden.The hall pi displays the status of the shed door and the central server is also the network DNS server using Pi-hole.

reted30

Fri Dec 07, 2018 10:30 am

Mention below Blogtut will be helpful for you

https://medium.com/@varuldcube100/store ... 6e2086718f

In this blogtut he is using SHT31 sensor to sned the readings to firebase database

Return to “Automation, sensing and robotics”