Hello, first-time poster long time Pi'er
Update: I have created a blog for this project: http://rover.bimthoughts.com/
The Great Mojave Rover Project is to build an autonomous rover that I can leave in the middle of the Mojave Desert and explore remotely.
* Utilizing existing JPL rover design for guidance
* Designed to be remotely controlled over the internet using a "go there" approach.
* 64kbps Cellular internet connection (T Mobile IOT deal)
* Mesh network if a desire to explore a canyon
* GPS, Temperature, Humidity, Compass, and gyro recording
* Photogrammetry to map terrain
* Tip alarm
* Solar battery for charging NiMH batteries
* 3D printing
* Six wheel drive
* Slow and steady
* Leave in the desert for a few weeks at a time to explore.
The stage I am in now is design and prototyping the hardware. I still have a bunch of printing and design to do before I am ready for elec work.
Right now the size is 375mm x 250mm. Trying to keep is small.