QuillzToxic

Running the Alexa Voice Service on the raspberry pi?

Sun Oct 18, 2015 4:08 pm

Has anyone tried running the alexa voice service on the raspberry pi? If so can you share your experiance, I tried using jasper, not good enough in terms of preformance and compatibility as I'd like

Atlas2016

Re: Running the Alexa Voice Service on the raspberry pi?

Wed Oct 28, 2015 5:13 am

I'm actually trying to get it up and running with my Raspberry Pi, but having issues maven executing java. Did you ever try running this on your Pi?

WetDawg

Tue Dec 08, 2015 4:43 pm

Did you get this working? Anyone? Anyone... Bueller?

Metasyntactic

Wed Dec 09, 2015 8:28 pm

Are you looking to actually run ASK on a pi? I've seen a number of people (https://github.com/armzilla/amazon-echo-ha-bridge) use a R Pi to emulate a Phillips Hue Bridge and communicate with their Echo. They were mostly doing things like home automation but I also saw a number of robotics applications. It's certainly on my to do list.

Mettauk

Thu Mar 31, 2016 12:26 am

I got this working on a Pi3b with a USB webcam mic and initially using a bluetooth speaker but once I installed Echo the bluetooth speaker failed (some of the time) so wired it in and had some success after getting some audio errors.

I can ask Echo some fun questions though, now to get it switching relays and WeMo switches etc via voice command!?
As humans we have been the same for a very very long time, technology changes how we do... not who we are as people.

Return to “Automation, sensing and robotics”