Blanco

Print server

Sat Jan 26, 2013 7:57 pm

Hi

I am using my raspberry pi as a print server.

I connected my hp deskjet 710C with a parallel to usb converter cable to the raspberry (in cups I installed it as Raw). Printing from my xubuntu 12.10 with the printer using a samba connection works perfect. When I try the same with a Windows 7 computer, nothing happens. The windows computer doesn't give an error. The CUPS webinterface shows the job as completed, but nothing is printed.

I did exactly the same with my brother HL2030 and everything works fine on both computers.
The problem is with the parallel to usb converter. Connecting the printer directly to the windows 7 computer does not work (a common problem with these converters, I could not fix yet).

When I connected the HP printer to CUPS with the drivers installed, exactly the same happened (printing works in linux but not in win7).

Is there a way to fix this? Can I make win7 use the driver installed on the raspberry?
Other suggestions?

Theladdie

Re: Print server

Sun Feb 03, 2013 10:01 pm

Sorry to butt into your question. But I also have a HL2030 and wondered what driver you used etc. I have having similar issues where you send a print but nothing happens?

:roll:

Blanco

Re: Print server

Mon Feb 04, 2013 1:03 pm

Hi the problem is resolved. There is a driver problem for the HP DESKJET 710C in windows 7 (64bit). The solution was the following: http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Printer-Al ... d-p/203377

So that will not help you. Anyway in searching you could try the following.
* Does the problem occur when you print from another OS (MAC? ubuntu?)
* Can you print a testpage from the cups web admin page?
* Does the problem occur when you connect the printer directly to the computer you try the print from (this was for instance the case with my printer, which led me to believe the problem had nothing to do with the pi)

Return to “Networking and servers”