burtav

rpi2 with 3 ethernet

Sat Jun 22, 2019 10:52 am

Hello Guys

can you point me towards how can I add 2 more ethernet ports to RPI 2 board?

USB nics are not an option

and we need an enclosure for this solution

any help will be appreciated

pcmanbob

Re: rpi2 with 3 ethernet

Sat Jun 22, 2019 11:25 am

If you don't want to use USB adapters then you could use a ENC28J60 Ethernet LAN Network Module it will only work a 10mbit/s but it will connect to the gpio pins

see this thread https://www.raspberrypi.org/forums/view ... p?t=131145

you might also want to look at this web site http://raspi.tv/2015/ethernet-on-pi-zer ... on-your-pi

as for an enclosure you will probably have to make your own or repurpose and existing enclosure of some type, as a very much doubt you will find and existing enclosure that caters for the extra LAN ports you want.
We want information… information… information........................no information no help
The use of crystal balls & mind reading are not supported

ejolson

Sat Jun 22, 2019 9:52 pm

burtav wrote:
Hello Guys

can you point me towards how can I add 2 more ethernet ports to RPI 2 board?

and we need an enclosure for this solution

any help will be appreciated
Since the built-in Ethernet port is connected through USB, I'm not sure why USB is not good for the other two. Is it about wires flopping around?

gtoal

Sun Jun 23, 2019 7:56 pm

burtav wrote:
Is the reason for that because you've tried some and they're completely unreliable, causing repeated crashes of your pi?

If so, I had the same problem with those cheap chinese USB-hub+nic units. But I eventually found a couple of USB ether devices that *are* reliable and indeed I've had one online for over a year now in my Pi that I use as my main router/firewall/NAT device.

Post if that is the reason and I'll look in my records and find the specific product for you.

Graham

Return to “Networking and servers”