Trixster

Re: SqueezePlug for Raspberry Pi version 7.50

Wed Feb 18, 2015 3:25 pm

Not that many tracks, something in the region of 8000 but there's a ton of films, TV shows and photos on the nas too. It's a slow nas though, an old MybookWorld Edition 2.

No issues with playlists here. Have you mounted the nfs share correctly?

bobbydriver

Wed Feb 18, 2015 3:55 pm

OK - that makes more sense - I have 80,000 and my full scan still takes a few hours, scan for changes takes 20 minutes

The playlist thing is weird, I can only think it's to do with the permissions. The stage where it recognises they aren't there is after the main discovery stage, so it can't be because the disk hasn't spun up. I copied all my prefs etc from the old Pi, so I need to check that the permissions are all OK

Man in a van

Thu Feb 19, 2015 3:33 pm

bencat wrote:I have just received a new Pi 2 but can not get the 7.5 to load what do I need to do ? Does anyone know if Thomas is going to make a Squeezeplug version that is compatable with the Pi2 ? I see above that some said they updated the firmware and got it to work but not sure how to do this any suggestions ?
Hi Andrew,

This post is inspired by the fact that last week I promised someone that I would install SqueezePlug on a Raspberry pi and put LMS on as a server.

In the mean time the BBC changed their streaming protocols, causing general mayhem and it took about a week before things began to settle down (and a bit longer for me to understand what to do).

So this is a blow by blow KISS description of what I did this last night.

If I have missed anything please feel free to berate me, I don't care. ;)
As always with a 'how-to', no guarantee is given that it will work or not cause damage.

I used Putty to perform the restarts where they were required.

Installed LMS on SqueezePlug v7.5 on a pi B+.
Expanded the root file.
Configured the LMS with most of the plugins I wanted.
Downloaded and installed the HLS plugin (for the new BBC streams)
I first put the v7.9 nightly on the pi but it would not accept the HSL plugin (no idea why).
I then un-installed LMS and installed v7.5.5; that accepted the plugin.

So,

Downloaded expectingtofly's Raspberry Pi ffmpeg binary from http://forums.slimdevices.com/showth...l=1#post807365 and unzipped to the Desktop.

Used Putty to SSH in and sudo apt-get install ffmpeg (required for the BBC streams).
At the finish, the message said not everything was installed and I did sudo apt-get update (I think that was the command, anyway it is suggested in the message)

This gave me ffmpeg in /usr/bin/ffmpeg

I then swapped over to WinSCp to edit some files.

Logged into the pi as root and nosoup4u.
Used the default view with two panes.
In the right-hand pane went to root in the drop down box.

Navigated to /usr/bin/ffmpeg and then dragged the ffmpeg file from the Desktop into /usr/bin/ffmpeg and agreed to replacement.

Went back to my browser (Firefox) and opened LMS in the web page and installed my plugins including the HLS plugin.

LMS Webgui, Settings>Plugins, scroll down to the page bottom for Additional Repositories,add this line in the box,

http://bpaplugins.googlecode.com/svn/tr ... layhls.xml

click Accept, restart and return to tick the install box, click Accept and restart again.

Checked in LMS Settings >Advanced>File Types that the hls files were not greyed out.

Downloaded the new menu-opml file for iPlayer.

http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthrea ... post807276

Unzipped the UK files to the Desktop

Went back to WinSCP and navigated to /var/lib/squeezeboxserver/cache/InstalledPlugins/Plugins/BBCiPlayer

Dragged the menu-opml file across and accepted replacement.

Back to Putty and sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get upgrade
Realised I had not installed Lame
sudo apt-get install Lame

Restarted Squeezeplug.

Then stopped Squeezeplug, swapped the micro SD card into the Pi2 and started the Pi2.

Waited for it to boot, seems to take SqueezePlug a long time, then finished the install of Spotify, selected my BBC radio favourites from the iPlayer app, tested Spotify and a few favourites; everything played.

Thanks to all the people at Slimdevices forum for their hard work and to PW here for reminding me of the Hack (the same method was used from pi B to B+ for Squeezeplug) and thanks to the folk on this thread as well.

Hope this helps somebody to get going.

atb

Ronnie

zum_fuuu

Thu Mar 12, 2015 3:55 pm

Is it possible to configure the following scenario:

Use SqueezeLite and redirect the audio output via DLNA to my AVS-receiver.

The idea is that the Raspberry should be located in a different and hence DLNA seems to be the best option to get the audio to the receiver. Alternatively AirPlay would be possible...

Munich

SqueezePlug for Raspberry Pi - GPIO LIRC steering

Thu Mar 12, 2015 4:59 pm

I would love to control my SqueezePlug for Raspberry PI with a remote via GPIO LIRC.

On http://ozzmaker.com/2013/10/24/how-to-c ... ir-remote/ I found a good explanation how to set up GPIO and LIRC.

But how to get Squeezelite (SqueezePlug) to react on the remote?
I would love to start and stop squeezelite, to change the volume and to change tracks.

Any hints to get it work?

mojo_13

Tue Apr 07, 2015 3:05 pm

Just loaded this onto my raspberry pi and all my other squeezebox radio's connect to it but I can't seem to get them to play internet radio, both in the app and also the squeezebox webadministration they don't work. In the app it just shows a blank page instead of the normal internet radio options and in the webadministration page it doesn't even have an internet radio option. I was just playing internet radio yesterday before I got the rpi going so I'm guessing it is a setting. I made sure in the webadministration that I put in my mysqueezebox username and password but when I apply it all it does is take me back to the same page with my username inserted. Is that normal? It says changes have been saved.

I have searched around and wonder if I need to open a port or something for the radio to get through since local media works on it. Any help or link in the right direction would be great.

Bentriloquist

Tue Apr 14, 2015 10:56 am

I accidently entered a wrong ip-address in the "block incoming connections" field, and now I can't connect to the LMS server. Is there any way I can undo this change? I still have access to the shell, just not LMS.

atinkler

Mon May 04, 2015 8:42 pm

Man in a van wrote:
bencat wrote:I have just received a new Pi 2 but can not get the 7.5 to load what do I need to do ? Does anyone know if Thomas is going to make a Squeezeplug version that is compatable with the Pi2 ? I see above that some said they updated the firmware and got it to work but not sure how to do this any suggestions ?
Hi Andrew,

This post is inspired by the fact that last week I promised someone that I would install SqueezePlug on a Raspberry pi and put LMS on as a server.

In the mean time the BBC changed their streaming protocols, causing general mayhem and it took about a week before things began to settle down (and a bit longer for me to understand what to do).

So this is a blow by blow KISS description of what I did this last night.

If I have missed anything please feel free to berate me, I don't care. ;)
As always with a 'how-to', no guarantee is given that it will work or not cause damage.

I used Putty to perform the restarts where they were required.

Installed LMS on SqueezePlug v7.5 on a pi B+.
Expanded the root file.
Configured the LMS with most of the plugins I wanted.
Downloaded and installed the HLS plugin (for the new BBC streams)
I first put the v7.9 nightly on the pi but it would not accept the HSL plugin (no idea why).
I then un-installed LMS and installed v7.5.5; that accepted the plugin.

So,

Downloaded expectingtofly's Raspberry Pi ffmpeg binary from http://forums.slimdevices.com/showth...l=1#post807365 and unzipped to the Desktop.

Used Putty to SSH in and sudo apt-get install ffmpeg (required for the BBC streams).
At the finish, the message said not everything was installed and I did sudo apt-get update (I think that was the command, anyway it is suggested in the message)

This gave me ffmpeg in /usr/bin/ffmpeg

I then swapped over to WinSCp to edit some files.

Logged into the pi as root and nosoup4u.
Used the default view with two panes.
In the right-hand pane went to root in the drop down box.

Navigated to /usr/bin/ffmpeg and then dragged the ffmpeg file from the Desktop into /usr/bin/ffmpeg and agreed to replacement.

Went back to my browser (Firefox) and opened LMS in the web page and installed my plugins including the HLS plugin.

LMS Webgui, Settings>Plugins, scroll down to the page bottom for Additional Repositories,add this line in the box,

http://bpaplugins.googlecode.com/svn/tr ... layhls.xml

click Accept, restart and return to tick the install box, click Accept and restart again.

Checked in LMS Settings >Advanced>File Types that the hls files were not greyed out.

Downloaded the new menu-opml file for iPlayer.

http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthrea ... post807276

Unzipped the UK files to the Desktop

Went back to WinSCP and navigated to /var/lib/squeezeboxserver/cache/InstalledPlugins/Plugins/BBCiPlayer

Dragged the menu-opml file across and accepted replacement.

Back to Putty and sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get upgrade
Realised I had not installed Lame
sudo apt-get install Lame

Restarted Squeezeplug.

Then stopped Squeezeplug, swapped the micro SD card into the Pi2 and started the Pi2.

Waited for it to boot, seems to take SqueezePlug a long time, then finished the install of Spotify, selected my BBC radio favourites from the iPlayer app, tested Spotify and a few favourites; everything played.

Thanks to all the people at Slimdevices forum for their hard work and to PW here for reminding me of the Hack (the same method was used from pi B to B+ for Squeezeplug) and thanks to the folk on this thread as well.

Hope this helps somebody to get going.

atb

Ronnie
Ronnie can i ask why you installed lame? Would this cause any issues if it wasn't installed?

Man in a van

Wed May 06, 2015 10:42 am

@ atinkler

Can't really remember (think it helps withany mp3 playback,ie saves any transcoding).

It won't make any difference if you don't install it (and it can always be added if there are any problems)

atb

Ronnie.

The original BBC iPlayer plugin from Triode has been updated now so I don't use the above install.

If your interested

http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthrea ... -fix-guide

preiter

Tue May 12, 2015 3:41 am

Greetings and thanks for this great system.

I have Squeezeplug installed on a Raspberry Pi model B and I have one issue with it.

Periodically it will disconnect from my Logitech Media Server and does not automatically reconnect. I can still access the web config when this happens and can restart/reboot to get it going again, but obviously it would be much nicer if it did this automatically.

Are there any logs available that would help be debug the reason for the connection issues? I suspect it has something to do with a new router that my ISP installed. Also, should I expect the Squeezeplug to automatically detect disconnections and attempt to reconnect on its own, or does it not have that capability?

Man in a van

Tue May 12, 2015 9:37 am

preiter wrote:Greetings and thanks for this great system.

I have Squeezeplug installed on a Raspberry Pi model B and I have one issue with it.

Periodically it will disconnect from my Logitech Media Server and does not automatically reconnect. I can still access the web config when this happens and can restart/reboot to get it going again, but obviously it would be much nicer if it did this automatically.

Are there any logs available that would help be debug the reason for the connection issues? I suspect it has something to do with a new router that my ISP installed. Also, should I expect the Squeezeplug to automatically detect disconnections and attempt to reconnect on its own, or does it not have that capability?
Preiter,
If you are using the pi as a player and have LMS installed elsewhere, then simply check if the router is disconnecting only the pi.

Is the same IP address issued after a disconnect? Is the pi connected wired or wireless? Is the power supply stable?

There are lots of things to consider.

Maybe you can assign a fixed IP address for the LMS and also the player.

You could also set up a simple cron job to restart the player at intervals to suit yourself.

google is your friend here.

Good luck

Ronnie.

preiter

Thu May 14, 2015 3:49 am

Thanks for the response!

The pi itself is not being disconnected (or if it is, it is reconnecting all on its own). When the issue occurs, I can still connect to the pi using the web interface. The issue is that the squeezelite player is not connected to the LMS, which is running on another PC. The squeezelite player will not reconnect to the LMS until I power cycle the pi, or reboot using the web interface.

My other squeezeboxes, a receiver and a touch, don't have this issue.

The cron job is a possibility, but that still leaves the player out of commission until the next time it goes off.

Man in a van

Thu May 14, 2015 8:35 am

@preiter,

how is the pi player connected to the network?

what output are you using as a player

which version of squeezelite are you using? have you updated at all?

have you reinstalled squeezelite?

is the correct output shown in sloptions?

also look over here

http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthrea ... indows-OSX

atb

Ronnie

preiter

Mon May 18, 2015 3:14 am

It's hooked up via wi-fi (usb dongle), output is a USB->spdif adapter, that part is working fine.

I used the web interface for squeezeplug to upgrade to the latest.

The pi remains connected to the network when this happens, I can still access it via the web interface, ping, ssh, etc. But when I use Logitech Media Server, the squeezelite player is not on the list of players available. I guess I should head over to the squeezelite thread and look for help there.

Man in a van

Mon May 18, 2015 8:23 am

@preiter,

I think it could be the usb dongle, can you swap it out or even better connect the pi via Ethernet (if only for elimination of the possible cause).

When this happens is the pi IP listed on the router?

On the Touch, can you see the pi when you use "Select player"?

Also is the pi listed as a player on LMS Settings>information page?

Peter111

Tue May 26, 2015 12:28 pm

Hello

I have installed successfully on a Raspberry Pi B+ and HiFiBeerry Digi B+ Squeezeplug 750 /Squeezeplayer.
Now I would like to clone the image of the SD Card for other players.
How can I change the player name with putty?

Many thanks for the support
Peter

Man in a van

Wed May 27, 2015 2:45 pm

Peter111 wrote:Hello

I have installed successfully on a Raspberry Pi B+ and HiFiBeerry Digi B+ Squeezeplug 750 /Squeezeplayer.
Now I would like to clone the image of the SD Card for other players.
How can I change the player name with putty?

Many thanks for the support
Peter
Hi Peter, I can't answer your question, but unless you have need of several dozen cloned images I would advise that you do each pi individually.
On another forum several people have had a problem with the MAC address's also being cloned, this meant that LMS (for example) would only recognise one player instead of several.
For the sake of a little time saving it might be better to do each one separately and keep individual copies on your computer (as just-in-case backups)

atb

Ronnie

beardedgeek

Fri Nov 27, 2015 10:53 pm

Hi.

Sorry to dig up an old thread, but has anybody got a copy of the squeezeplug OS? Their website has been unavailable for a little while and I'd like to give it a go.

Thanks
Huw

Return to “Media centres”