trondis23

Re: SqueezePlug Version 7 available

Sun Jan 12, 2014 2:56 pm

What are the benefits of upgrading to version 7? For me version 6 has worked perfectly. The only problem I have had is that the SD card has become corrupted a couple of times. But that probably has nothing to do with the program itself. I have used it with Squeeze Commander on my Android phone, and I have used the Wimp plugin. For sound I use the HDMI output.

I installed version 7 yesterday. After waiting several hours for the library scan to finish, I started it with great expectations. But Mysqueezebox.com couldn't recognize my player. And on Squeeze Commander I couldn't use the Wimp plugin. It said that this plugin has been registered to another user. Then I went to the app gallery. There I had to uninstall Wimp and install again. Then it worked. But on Squeeze Commander I couldn't go to the home directory directly, I could only go back step by step to the home directory. Then Wimp disappeared. So the only way I could use it was to uninstall and install again every time. Strange.

I plugged back my version 6 SD card, and it worked perfectly again.

I have probably done something wrong, but it is not so easy to find a complete manual on how to set up the system. When I installed version 6 it worked right away after registering at Myqueezebox and installing the plugins. And it should be as simple as that.

sydsfloyd67

Re: mounting 64Gb usb drives

Sun Jan 12, 2014 3:21 pm

deleted
Last edited by sydsfloyd67 on Sun Jan 12, 2014 6:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sydsfloyd67

Sun Jan 12, 2014 3:43 pm

Well, it's not the USB drive, or at least 2 others don't work (32GB Sanddisk and 16GB Imation)

I tried setting a new media library location with setup, and on the internal SD. Still no go. My next guess would be to wipe and rebuild the SD card, and try again.

-SF
Last edited by sydsfloyd67 on Sun Jan 12, 2014 6:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sydsfloyd67

Sun Jan 12, 2014 5:24 pm

Restored my 6 image.

On clean setup, no USB drives recognized as determined by "blkid". I see it during the boot process on direct monitor:

During boot, I get:
Cant set config #1, error -71

I have a simple direct connection, clean 6.02 install, and 3 USB sticks.

(Tried 7, but had many issues, most prominently 'eth0 skipped' during boot and no network access.)

I'd like to get 6.02 working with USB disks. Please advise on error -71.

Thanks!
-SF
USB disconnect, device 41

sydsfloyd67

/64 error -71 and USB disks/sticks

Sun Jan 12, 2014 6:19 pm

deleted
Last edited by sydsfloyd67 on Sun Jan 12, 2014 7:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sydsfloyd67

Basic questions on Pi stability, eth0 and USB power, strateg

Sun Jan 12, 2014 7:23 pm

OK,

Well my USB 'recognized' but 'disconnected' repeatedly as shown in the boot log appears to be related more to marginal power supplied to the USB and Ethernet ports, or else I have a failing board component on new Pi.

How stable/unstable are these things in the first place? Is it common for it to crash when inserting a flash drive? (My ethernet will not be found with most of a half dozen or so USB sticks present at boot time.) Do others see differences in boot line information on repeated successive boots under the same connections?

When I first installed 6.02 on a new Pi everything worked fine with the music library on the SD card and ethernet hard wired. When I tried to use USB sticks to expand my library, all hell broke loose. ;) Are we finding that its best to live with a 8GB SD card and not try to add anything, or should I replace this unit? (Will an expensive 32 or 64GB SD card work, or also stress the supplied 5V 0.7amps?

Thanks
-SF

sydsfloyd67

Resolved- Pi powering cable

Sun Jan 12, 2014 7:35 pm

Well, the whole problem was simply a failing new micro USB cord powering the Pi.

Original 64Gb USD stick works, fine, hot pluggable, etc. This was undoubtedly the issue with my quick try of the v7 build.

(Sorry to confuse the issue, hopefully the thread will lead others to this simple solution.)
-SF

truehl

Re: Resolved- Pi powering cable

Sun Jan 12, 2014 7:45 pm

sydsfloyd67 wrote:Well, the whole problem was simply a failing new micro USB cord powering the Pi.

Original 64Gb USD stick works, fine, hot pluggable, etc. This was undoubtedly the issue with my quick try of the v7 build.

(Sorry to confuse the issue, hopefully the thread will lead others to this simple solution.)
-SF
Hi sydsfloyd67,
no problem! After your issue report, I took a look at the complete format and media library stuff in my scripts. I've found a massive bug in the format script. The script does not format at all, it only makes partitions! Without you a haven't found this, so thanks a lot!

Thomas
truehl
http://www.squeezeplug.de

truehl

SqueezePlug Version 7.01 Patch released

Sun Jan 12, 2014 9:56 pm

Hi folks,
I have made an important patch for version 7.00. Please install this patch it will remove some major bugs!

Name / File Category / Changes Date
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
SqueezePlug Version 7.01 major patch 12.01.2014

- basic_menu.sh change needed to remove the donation hint
- format.sh bug fixed, script did no format only partition
- hostname.sh show the actual hostname as info
- lib.sh added the option sec=ntlm to mount Samba Shares with kernel 3.8
- main_menu.sh added 2 new functions for reboot and halt
- network.sh shows some infos about the current network settings
- player_menu.sh some text changed
- remove_donation_hint.sh change needed to remove the donation hint
- squeezelite.sh fixed a bug an added a new DAC
- timezone.sh show the actual timezone and time as info
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
SqueezePlug Version 7.00 initial version 10.01.2014
truehl

truehl

Sun Jan 12, 2014 10:24 pm

trondis23 wrote:What are the benefits of upgrading to version 7? For me version 6 has worked perfectly. The only problem I have had is that the SD card has become corrupted a couple of times. But that probably has nothing to do with the program itself. I have used it with Squeeze Commander on my Android phone, and I have used the Wimp plugin. For sound I use the HDMI output.

I installed version 7 yesterday. After waiting several hours for the library scan to finish, I started it with great expectations. But Mysqueezebox.com couldn't recognize my player. And on Squeeze Commander I couldn't use the Wimp plugin. It said that this plugin has been registered to another user. Then I went to the app gallery. There I had to uninstall Wimp and install again. Then it worked. But on Squeeze Commander I couldn't go to the home directory directly, I could only go back step by step to the home directory. Then Wimp disappeared. So the only way I could use it was to uninstall and install again every time. Strange.

I plugged back my version 6 SD card, and it worked perfectly again.

I have probably done something wrong, but it is not so easy to find a complete manual on how to set up the system. When I installed version 6 it worked right away after registering at Myqueezebox and installing the plugins. And it should be as simple as that.
Sorry that version 7 does not run for you. There are a lot of reasons for a new version I can't explain in a few sentences. I've made an patch for version 7 which should remove some major bugs. It's very difficult to test all things out, so you all are beta testers. I made a lot of checks, but it is impossible to find all bugs, because you all out there have very different environments. I think your problems will not be addressed by the actual patch. It seem to have something to do with the version of LMS. Wich version did you install? Maybe you like to try an other version and you will have more luck with the LMS plugins?

Thomas
truehl

trondis23

Mon Jan 13, 2014 11:24 am

I just installed the default versions of the server and Squeezlite that came with version 7.

truehl

Mon Jan 13, 2014 3:01 pm

trondis23 wrote:I just installed the default versions of the server and Squeezlite that came with version 7.
That may be the reason for the problem with your plugins. Maybe they don't run under the 7.8 version of LMS. Which version of LMS did you run on version 6? Maybe you try it with the stable 7.7.3 version. You can install this version also from the LMS installation menu!

Please tell me how it's working!

Thomas
truehl

truehl

Mon Jan 13, 2014 3:04 pm

There is a new version of SqueezeLite, version 1.5 available. Please update your version from the SqueezeLite install menu if you have issues with Squeezelite!

Thomas
truehl

trondis23

Tue Jan 14, 2014 11:34 am

truehl wrote: That may be the reason for the problem with your plugins. Maybe they don't run under the 7.8 version of LMS. Which version of LMS did you run on version 6? Maybe you try it with the stable 7.7.3 version. You can install this version also from the LMS installation menu!

Thomas
I tried to uninstall v 7.8 and install v 7.7.3. But the problem is still there, although different. This time I got the message that I needed to register at mysqueezbox.com to use plugins. But I already have en account there, and I was logged in there in Squeeze Commander.

truehl

Tue Jan 14, 2014 12:02 pm

trondis23 wrote:
truehl wrote: That may be the reason for the problem with your plugins. Maybe they don't run under the 7.8 version of LMS. Which version of LMS did you run on version 6? Maybe you try it with the stable 7.7.3 version. You can install this version also from the LMS installation menu!

Thomas
I tried to uninstall v 7.8 and install v 7.7.3. But the problem is still there, although different. This time I got the message that I needed to register at mysqueezbox.com to use plugins. But I already have en account there, and I was logged in there in Squeeze Commander.
Sorry, but I don't use Squeeze Commander. Are you able to login to your mysqueezbox.com account from the web interface of LMS?

Thomas
truehl

SteveJones

Tue Jan 14, 2014 12:25 pm

Hi truehl,

Please can you post the link to the squeezeplug 7.01 patch image?
Your website/blog still has 7.00 as the latest as far as I am able to see.

Many thanks.

trondis23

Tue Jan 14, 2014 1:39 pm

Yes, I can. I have to set up my plugins from there, and it looks OK. With v. 7.7.3 I can see my player again, which I couldn't with v 7.8. But still no plugins on Squeeze Commander.

Squeeze Commander will log in automatically to mysqueezebox.com.

drgeoff

Tue Jan 14, 2014 4:36 pm

SteveJones wrote:Hi truehl,

Many thanks.
The modus operandi is that you download and install the 7.00 version. When you have that up and running you invoke its own update mechanism which does everything necessary. As and when further updates are released you invoke the update mechanism each time.

truehl

Tue Jan 14, 2014 5:16 pm

drgeoff wrote:

Many thanks.
The modus operandi is that you download and install the 7.00 version. When you have that up and running you invoke its own update mechanism which does everything necessary. As and when further updates are released you invoke the update mechanism each time.
That's right! I'll update the image only from time to time, because building images is a lot of work! The patches are additive so that you have to install only the newest patch to be up to date!

Thomas
Last edited by truehl on Tue Jan 14, 2014 8:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
truehl

truehl

Tue Jan 14, 2014 5:18 pm

trondis23 wrote:Yes, I can. I have to set up my plugins from there, and it looks OK. With v. 7.7.3 I can see my player again, which I couldn't with v 7.8. But still no plugins on Squeeze Commander.

Squeeze Commander will log in automatically to mysqueezebox.com.
Sorry but I can't say anything to Squeeze Commander!

Thomas
truehl

mantekka

Tue Jan 14, 2014 7:43 pm

Is the URL still http://192.168.x.x:9000/ ??
I have v7 up and running and can SSH but not getting web interface. What's the best way to troubleshoot this?
Thanks

truehl

Tue Jan 14, 2014 7:49 pm

mantekka wrote:Is the URL still http://192.168.x.x:9000/ ??
I have v7 up and running and can SSH but not getting web interface. What's the best way to troubleshoot this?
Thanks
It's still http://youripaddress:9000. You can run top to see whether the LMS service is running. After installation it will last a while till LMS comes up!

Thomas
truehl

mantekka

Tue Jan 14, 2014 9:43 pm

Aha found it... thought I had installed MPD already but hadn't!
Got my NAS mounted without any problems, and now trying to get my DAC working.

Thanks for all the work Thomas.

mantekka

Wed Jan 15, 2014 1:07 am

Should I see my DAC listed in the Select_Sound_Output options?
All I see is HDMI/Headphone

Or how do I select it? I can't seem to get any sound out of it.

When I list Audio_Devices:

Code: Select all

**** List of PLAYBACK Hardware Devices ****                        │
                        │ card 0: DAC [USB Audio DAC], device 0: USB Audio [USB Audio]       │
                        │   Subdevices: 1/1                                                  │
                        │   Subdevice #0: subdevice #0                                       │
                        │ card 1: ALSA [bcm2835 ALSA], device 0: bcm2835 ALSA [bcm2835 ALSA] │
                        │   Subdevices: 7/8     
I want to use the SPDIF out on the DAC

Code: Select all

root@squeezeplug:~# squeezelite -l
Output devices:
  null                           - Discard all samples (playback) or generate zero samples (capture)
  sysdefault:CARD=DAC            - USB Audio DAC, USB Audio - Default Audio Device
  front:CARD=DAC                 - USB Audio DAC, USB Audio - Default Audio Device
  surround40:CARD=DAC,DEV=0      - USB Audio DAC, USB Audio - 4.0 Surround output to Front and Rear speakers
  surround41:CARD=DAC,DEV=0      - USB Audio DAC, USB Audio - 4.1 Surround output to Front, Rear and Subwoofer speakers
  surround50:CARD=DAC,DEV=0      - USB Audio DAC, USB Audio - 5.0 Surround output to Front, Center and Rear speakers
  surround51:CARD=DAC,DEV=0      - USB Audio DAC, USB Audio - 5.1 Surround output to Front, Center, Rear and Subwoofer speakers
  surround71:CARD=DAC,DEV=0      - USB Audio DAC, USB Audio - 7.1 Surround output to Front, Center, Side, Rear and Woofer speakers
  iec958:CARD=DAC,DEV=0          - USB Audio DAC, USB Audio - IEC958 (S/PDIF) Digital Audio Output
  sysdefault:CARD=ALSA           - bcm2835 ALSA, bcm2835 ALSA - Default Audio Device
  front:CARD=ALSA                - bcm2835 ALSA, bcm2835 ALSA - Default Audio Device

SteveJones

Wed Jan 15, 2014 12:25 pm

truehl wrote:
drgeoff wrote:

Many thanks.
That's right! I'll update the image only from time to time, because building images is a lot of work! The patches are additive so that you have to install only the newest patch to be up to date!

Thomas
Thanks both of you. I confirm this all works as expected and I get a fully working LMS by following the instructions. Now I just need to add WMA support using mplayer and the PlayWMA plugin.

I am very impressed so far.

Return to “Media centres”