samuel235

Raspbmc connected to ubuntu server running tvheadend

Fri Oct 18, 2013 8:42 pm

Hi guys, just purchased myself a Pi and installed the latest version of Raspbmc. I had a theater PC, i converted it into a ubuntu server and installed tvheadend, everything working fine, got MuX's working, signal and everything. Connected my Raspbmc to it through the HTS Tvheadend add-on, i get all the channels, all the radio etc. When i click onto a channel to watch it, i get the sound but no video at all. I can watch files on the network fine, no problem at all.

So the only thing left for me to do now is to get the video working in Live TV. If you guys need any logs or any more information like version numbers please don't hesitate to ask for them, although as i'm still a newbie to the world of Pi and ubuntu please tell me how to get these logs for you! Thanks in advance, Sam.

masterluke

Re: Raspbmc connected to ubuntu server running tvheadend

Sun Oct 20, 2013 3:08 pm

What video format are the channels you want in? Some channels can be MPEG2 and so would need you to buy the codec.

samuel235

Re: Raspbmc connected to ubuntu server running tvheadend

Sun Oct 20, 2013 5:27 pm

I have brought the codec, 4 days ago, installed it on the morning, updated on the night and it still isnt working :/

Return to “Media centres”