truehl

Re: SqueezePlug Version 6 available

Tue Jan 01, 2013 8:38 am

onefatsurfer wrote:

Code: Select all

Last login: Tue Jan  1 08:02:30 2013 from stephanie-pc.home
root@squeezeplug:~# squeezelite -l
Output devices:
  null                           - Discard all samples (playback) or generate zero samples (capture)
  sysdefault:CARD=Audio          - DigiHug USB Audio, USB Audio - Default Audio Device
  front:CARD=Audio,DEV=0         - DigiHug USB Audio, USB Audio - Front speakers
  surround40:CARD=Audio,DEV=0    - DigiHug USB Audio, USB Audio - 4.0 Surround output to Front and Rear speakers
  surround41:CARD=Audio,DEV=0    - DigiHug USB Audio, USB Audio - 4.1 Surround output to Front, Rear and Subwoofer speakers
  surround50:CARD=Audio,DEV=0    - DigiHug USB Audio, USB Audio - 5.0 Surround output to Front, Center and Rear speakers
  surround51:CARD=Audio,DEV=0    - DigiHug USB Audio, USB Audio - 5.1 Surround output to Front, Center, Rear and Subwoofer speakers
  surround71:CARD=Audio,DEV=0    - DigiHug USB Audio, USB Audio - 7.1 Surround output to Front, Center, Side, Rear and Woofer speakers
  iec958:CARD=Audio,DEV=0        - DigiHug USB Audio, USB Audio - IEC958 (S/PDIF) Digital Audio Output
  sysdefault:CARD=ALSA           - bcm2835 ALSA, bcm2835 ALSA - Default Audio Device

root@squeezeplug:~#
/usr/bin/squeezelite -l
Output devices:
  null                           - Discard all samples (playback) or generate zero samples (capture)
  sysdefault:CARD=Audio          - DigiHug USB Audio, USB Audio - Default Audio Device
  front:CARD=Audio,DEV=0         - DigiHug USB Audio, USB Audio - Front speakers
  surround40:CARD=Audio,DEV=0    - DigiHug USB Audio, USB Audio - 4.0 Surround output to Front and Rear speakers
  surround41:CARD=Audio,DEV=0    - DigiHug USB Audio, USB Audio - 4.1 Surround output to Front, Rear and Subwoofer speakers
  surround50:CARD=Audio,DEV=0    - DigiHug USB Audio, USB Audio - 5.0 Surround output to Front, Center and Rear speakers
  surround51:CARD=Audio,DEV=0    - DigiHug USB Audio, USB Audio - 5.1 Surround output to Front, Center, Rear and Subwoofer speakers
  surround71:CARD=Audio,DEV=0    - DigiHug USB Audio, USB Audio - 7.1 Surround output to Front, Center, Side, Rear and Woofer speakers
  iec958:CARD=Audio,DEV=0        - DigiHug USB Audio, USB Audio - IEC958 (S/PDIF) Digital Audio Output
  sysdefault:CARD=ALSA           - bcm2835 ALSA, bcm2835 ALSA - Default Audio Device

root@squeezeplug:~#
Could you try this please:

killall squeezelite
/usr/bin/squeezelite -o sysdefault:CARD=Audio
and

killall squeezelite
/usr/bin/squeezelite -o front:CARD=Audio,DEV=0
Please report back the results.
truehl
http://www.squeezeplug.de

truehl

Tue Jan 01, 2013 12:43 pm

Wareagleccg wrote:Truehl,
Thank you for all your hard work! Squeezeplug is exactly what I've been looking for! Sorry to bother you, but I am trying to use a Creative xmod usb dac to improve the sound of my raspi but the audio that I am able to get out is very scratchy and low quality. Any ideas? Also, squeeze lite doesn't seem to be starting upon boot.
Thanks again!
Please post the output of:

/usr/bin/squeezelite -l
truehl

onefatsurfer

Tue Jan 01, 2013 2:09 pm

I have a feeling that my USB DAC/headphone amp is pulling too much power from the board and causing issues. I have it (and a self-powered external hard drive) plugged directly into the board, I am going to get a powered USB hub and try that.

truehl

Tue Jan 01, 2013 2:15 pm

Beta Tester for Migration Script Wanted:

Hi folks,
I've made a script to "migrate" the official foundation Raspbian Image to SqueezePlug. The process is very easy with this "sophisticated" script , but will be tested!

Anyone has fun to try? I think it's a good test for "rest alcohol" for new years day!

Tell me if you are interested!
truehl

Wareagleccg

Tue Jan 01, 2013 3:05 pm

root@squeezeplug:~# /usr/bin/squeezelite -l
Output devices:
null - Discard all samples (playback) or generate zero samples (capture)
pulse - PulseAudio Sound Server
sysdefault:CARD=Xmod - Creative Xmod, USB Audio - Default Audio Device
front:CARD=Xmod,DEV=0 - Creative Xmod, USB Audio - Front speakers
surround40:CARD=Xmod,DEV=0 - Creative Xmod, USB Audio - 4.0 Surround output to Front and Rear speakers
surround41:CARD=Xmod,DEV=0 - Creative Xmod, USB Audio - 4.1 Surround output to Front, Rear and Subwoofer speakers
surround50:CARD=Xmod,DEV=0 - Creative Xmod, USB Audio - 5.0 Surround output to Front, Center and Rear speakers
surround51:CARD=Xmod,DEV=0 - Creative Xmod, USB Audio - 5.1 Surround output to Front, Center, Rear and Subwoofer speakers
surround71:CARD=Xmod,DEV=0 - Creative Xmod, USB Audio - 7.1 Surround output to Front, Center, Side, Rear and Woofer speakers
iec958:CARD=Xmod,DEV=0 - Creative Xmod, USB Audio - IEC958 (S/PDIF) Digital Audio Output
sysdefault:CARD=ALSA - bcm2835 ALSA, bcm2835 ALSA - Default Audio Device

truehl

Tue Jan 01, 2013 4:22 pm

Wareagleccg wrote:
root@squeezeplug:~# /usr/bin/squeezelite -l
Output devices:
null - Discard all samples (playback) or generate zero samples (capture)
pulse - PulseAudio Sound Server
sysdefault:CARD=Xmod - Creative Xmod, USB Audio - Default Audio Device
front:CARD=Xmod,DEV=0 - Creative Xmod, USB Audio - Front speakers
surround40:CARD=Xmod,DEV=0 - Creative Xmod, USB Audio - 4.0 Surround output to Front and Rear speakers
surround41:CARD=Xmod,DEV=0 - Creative Xmod, USB Audio - 4.1 Surround output to Front, Rear and Subwoofer speakers
surround50:CARD=Xmod,DEV=0 - Creative Xmod, USB Audio - 5.0 Surround output to Front, Center and Rear speakers
surround51:CARD=Xmod,DEV=0 - Creative Xmod, USB Audio - 5.1 Surround output to Front, Center, Rear and Subwoofer speakers
surround71:CARD=Xmod,DEV=0 - Creative Xmod, USB Audio - 7.1 Surround output to Front, Center, Side, Rear and Woofer speakers
iec958:CARD=Xmod,DEV=0 - Creative Xmod, USB Audio - IEC958 (S/PDIF) Digital Audio Output
sysdefault:CARD=ALSA - bcm2835 ALSA, bcm2835 ALSA - Default Audio Device
Could you try this please:

killall squeezelite
/usr/bin/squeezelite -o sysdefault:CARD=Xmod
and

killall squeezelite
/usr/bin/squeezelite -o front:CARD=Xmod,DEV=0
Feel free to donate my SqueezePlug project:
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?c ... M49ARYWK6C
thanks a lot!
truehl

Wareagleccg

Tue Jan 01, 2013 5:53 pm

killall squeezelite
/usr/bin/squeezelite -o sysdefault:CARD=Xmod
/quote]

This does allow it to play audio, but it is very scratchy and low quality.
killall squeezelite
/usr/bin/squeezelite -o front:CARD=Xmod,DEV=0
This returns:
[17:51:11.674177] alsa_open:232 channel count not available: Invalid argument
and continues to try, returning the same error until I close the ssh session.

Thanks for your help!

selfi

Tue Jan 01, 2013 5:59 pm

truehl wrote:Beta Tester for Migration Script Wanted:

Hi folks,
I've made a script to "migrate" the official foundation Raspbian Image to SqueezePlug. The process is very easy with this "sophisticated" script , but will be tested!

Anyone has fun to try? I think it's a good test for "rest alcohol" for new years day!

Hi there Thomas. I've been tracking this forum for a while since I got my Pi. I installed V5 and got that working and just downloaded V6 ready to try that out. I'm hugely impressed by the major effort you, supported by others, are putting into Squeezeplug, and as part of the workload I'd be happy to contribute some time to help out. I'm not hot on linux, but willing.

Happy New Year.

Ian

Trixster

Tue Jan 01, 2013 6:39 pm

My edimax wifi usb will not connect to my router using squeezeplug v6. Dhcp is enabled, I have inputted the correct ssid and password but the wifi will not get an IP address from the router. Every other device on my network still works correctly, including a pi with an edimax USB dongle already running squeezeplug v5. Any ideas what might be the issue? No router changes have been made, and even in ldxe I can't get the dongle to connect.

Re-imaging back to my last v5.05 backup and the dongle works and connects perfectly. So this leads me to believe its an issue with the v6 install. I'm going to re-image v6 from scratch and see if its something I've done wrong.

truehl

Tue Jan 01, 2013 7:18 pm

Trixster wrote:My edimax wifi usb will not connect to my router using squeezeplug v6. Dhcp is enabled, I have inputted the correct ssid and password but the wifi will not get an IP address from the router. Every other device on my network still works correctly, including a pi with an edimax USB dongle already running squeezeplug v5. Any ideas what might be the issue? No router changes have been made, and even in ldxe I can't get the dongle to connect.

Re-imaging back to my last v5.05 backup and the dongle works and connects perfectly. So this leads me to believe its an issue with the v6 install. I'm going to re-image v6 from scratch and see if its something I've done wrong.
I'll investigate on this, I have the same device in place! With version 6 I use the "normal" Raspbian support for WiFi and all the other hardware driver. There are no changes made on the original drivers. So if the Edimax Dongle works on Raspbian it should also work with SqueezePlug. Could you try with Raspbian? It will take me some time to check, so be a bit patient!

Greetings,
Thomas
truehl

Trixster

Tue Jan 01, 2013 7:43 pm

Will do Thomas, I can't rule out its not something I'm doing wrong! For the record, my standard rasbian image works fine with the dongle!

truehl

Tue Jan 01, 2013 7:54 pm

selfi wrote:
truehl wrote:Beta Tester for Migration Script Wanted:

Hi folks,

Hi there Thomas. I've been tracking this forum for a while since I got my Pi. I installed V5 and got that working and just downloaded V6 ready to try that out. I'm hugely impressed by the major effort you, supported by others, are putting into Squeezeplug, and as part of the workload I'd be happy to contribute some time to help out. I'm not hot on linux, but willing.

Happy New Year.

Ian
Hi Ian.
sounds fine. Are you available on Skype, or how can I reach you?

Please send a PM!
truehl

truehl

Tue Jan 01, 2013 7:57 pm

Trixster wrote:Will do Thomas, I can't rule out its not something I'm doing wrong! For the record, my standard rasbian image works fine with the dongle!
Do you use the latest image of the official Raspbian Distro?
truehl

Leussink

Tue Jan 01, 2013 8:05 pm

I got the hardfloat version working, can play from my external hard disc music & internetradio.

As remote i use the squeeze commander for android.

For spotify i need the softfloat version but do i need a premium account?????

castalla

Tue Jan 01, 2013 8:52 pm

Spotify needs an active non-free account.

Trixster

Tue Jan 01, 2013 8:57 pm

truehl wrote:
Trixster wrote:Will do Thomas, I can't rule out its not something I'm doing wrong! For the record, my standard rasbian image works fine with the dongle!
Do you use the latest image of the official Raspbian Distro?
Hi Thomas, yes, the latest version. I have even tried updating your distro to the latest distro and firmware. The dongle works fine on a pi running v5.05.

I've just tried v6 again from scratch. No joy. DHCPDISCOVER keeps trying and then gives up, stating no DHCPOFFERS received.

DHCP works fine if I'm using Ethernet. I have checked and double checked that the SSID and password I'm inputting are correct; they are!

Leussink

Tue Jan 01, 2013 8:58 pm

Ok cool! Then i try the softfloat version with my 30 days trail premium account ;)

Trixster

Tue Jan 01, 2013 9:53 pm

One last thing about the edimax issue:

/etc/networks/interfaces on the working v5.05 install is identical to the one generated by v6 when running the WLAN config in setup.

paul433

Tue Jan 01, 2013 10:14 pm

Trixster wrote:One last thing about the edimax issue:

/etc/networks/interfaces on the v5.05 install is identical to the one generated by v6 when running the WLAN config in setup.
I haven't upgraded, so I'm not sure which firmware/kernel its using, but make sure the driver is getting loaded.

Run dmesg and make sure the driver is getting loaded

root@squeezeplug:~# dmesg | grep 'rtl8192'
[    6.266727] usbcore: registered new interface driver rtl8192cu

truehl

Tue Jan 01, 2013 10:33 pm

Hi Folks,
because it's New Years Day I've made a script for you to simply "migrate" an official Raspbian HF or Wheezy SF Image to SqueezePlug V6. I would be very pleased if you check this out and report your comments here. The steps a very easy and it goes like that:

Script to migrate a foundation image to SqueezePlug
Manually Steps to do:
* Start with Raspbian HF or Wheezy SF from the official Images (the latest versions)
* login with "pi" "raspberry"

sudo passwd root

nosoup4u
(or one of your choice)

logout
* login with "root" "nosoup4u" and the correct password for root

cd /tmp

wget http://www.squeezeplug.de/downloads/foundation_2_sp.sh

chmod 777 foundation_2_sp.sh

./foundation_2_sp.sh
Have a Squeezey 2013,
Thomas

Feel free to donate my SqueezePlug project:
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?c ... M49ARYWK6C
thanks a lot!
truehl

bantammenace2012

Wed Jan 02, 2013 12:51 am

Hi,
I've just upgraded to v 6 and Squeezelite.
I was using sound over HDMI v5 and SqueezeSlave but now I cannot seem to get/hear any sound through HDMI ?
I do not appear to be getting anything through the audio jack either ?
Am I right in thinking that Squeezelite is optimised for use with USB DACS ?
How do I get sound through HDMI in v6 with Squeezelite ?

Lugie

Wed Jan 02, 2013 2:41 am

Hi Truehl,

Thank you for creating this software! I've installed Squeezeplug version 6 and now my USB DAC works great. I was getting crackling distortion on v5.05 that is now gone. I'm using a HiFimeDIY Sabre USB DAC 96khz/24bit - ES9023+TE7022. I had to edit the squeezelite -o device option to "CARD=DAC" but your setup program did the rest.

Unfortunately my WiFi USB adaptor no longer works (it was working on the previous version). I've got a TP-LINK TL-WN823N which I got from the Raspberry Pi tested hardware list. When I install it using your 6.0 script it appears that nothing is downloaded. In 5.05, a Ralink driver appeared to get downloaded and then installed.

One other question, please: how do I change the name of the shairport device? It defaults to 'AirPi' - I'd prefer to use the same name as squeezelite. Is there a file I can edit?

Thank you for your hard work!

truehl

Wed Jan 02, 2013 3:30 am

bantammenace2012 wrote:Hi,
I've just upgraded to v 6 and Squeezelite.
I was using sound over HDMI v5 and SqueezeSlave but now I cannot seem to get/hear any sound through HDMI ?
I do not appear to be getting anything through the audio jack either ?
Am I right in thinking that Squeezelite is optimised for use with USB DACS ?
How do I get sound through HDMI in v6 with Squeezelite ?
Please try this

root@squeezeplug:~# setup
From the menu select:
<Server_and_Player>
<Player>
<AudioSettings>

Test and adjust the audio settings. If that works, go over to SqueezeLite. If not, give me a sign!
truehl

truehl

Wed Jan 02, 2013 3:43 am

Lugie wrote:I'm using a HiFimeDIY Sabre USB DAC 96khz/24bit - ES9023+TE7022. I had to edit the squeezelite -o device option to "CARD=DAC" but your setup program did the rest.
That's great and exactly the information I need from you! I'll integrate your DAC settings in the next patch!
Lugie wrote:Unfortunately my WiFi USB adaptor no longer works (it was working on the previous version). I've got a TP-LINK TL-WN823N which I got from the Raspberry Pi tested hardware list. When I install it using your 6.0 script it appears that nothing is downloaded. In 5.05, a Ralink driver appeared to get downloaded and then installed.
It seems to be a problem there. I can't understand it, but it obviously is. You are the second one reporting such issues. I'll look on it the next days and will find a solution I hope!
Lugie wrote:One other question, please: how do I change the name of the shairport device? It defaults to 'AirPi' - I'd prefer to use the same name as squeezelite. Is there a file I can edit?
Please try this:

root@squeezeplug:~# /etc/init.d/shairport stop

root@squeezeplug:~# cp /etc/init.d/shairport /etc/init.d/shairport.org

root@squeezeplug:~# sed 's/DAEMON_ARGS="-w $PIDFILE"/DAEMON_ARGS="-w $PIDFILE -a SqueezeLite"/g' /etc/init.d/shairport.org > /etc/init.d/shairport

root@squeezeplug:~# rm /etc/init.d/shairport.org

root@squeezeplug:~# /etc/init.d/shairport start

root@squeezeplug:~# reboot

If this works I'll integrate a function to change the name with the script.
truehl

truehl

Wed Jan 02, 2013 5:30 am

Sorry, the initial post had a typo, this should work:

Hi Folks,
because it's New Years Day I've made a script for you to simply "migrate" an official Raspbian HF or Wheezy SF Image to SqueezePlug V6. I would be very pleased if you check this out and report your comments here. The steps are very easy and it goes like that:

Script to migrate a foundation image to SqueezePlug
Manually Steps to do:
* Start with Raspbian HF or Wheezy SF from the official Images (the latest versions)
* login with "pi" "raspberry"

sudo passwd root

nosoup4u
(or one of your choice)

logout
* login with "root" "nosoup4u" and the correct password for root

cd /tmp