truehl

Re: SqueezePlug Version 5 ready for download

Sun Jan 13, 2013 5:36 pm

etiennegignac wrote:With everything updated, link still drops down. It took about 12 hours for it to drop I believe. This is highly annoying!
But it's the same with the original Raspbian image I think, isn't it.
truehl
http://www.squeezeplug.de

etiennegignac

Sun Jan 13, 2013 7:31 pm

castalla wrote:Is this a v1 or v2 board?
Version 2.

etiennegignac

Sun Jan 13, 2013 7:31 pm

truehl wrote:
etiennegignac wrote:With everything updated, link still drops down. It took about 12 hours for it to drop I believe. This is highly annoying!
Most likely, yes. Found a few similar problems online but no solution :(

paulonline

Fri Feb 08, 2013 7:45 pm

Hi,

Can you tell me if Squeezelite and Shairport should be able to be installed on the same Pi and work correctly ?

I have downloaded and installed squeezeplug 6.02 and followed the tutorial to install both programs. Now I can play a song from my ipod touch fine, then I try to use squeezelite and that to works fine. but if I then attempt to play another song via shairport (after stopping the music on squeezelite) I get no sound.

aplay -l gives the following output :-

Code: Select all

card 0: Device [Generic USB Audio Device], device 0: USB Audio [USB Audio]
I have also edited my /etc/init.d/shairport file to explicitly use the usb soundcard :-

NAME=shairport
SPEAKER=Garden_Air
AODEV="plughw:0,0"
DAEMON="/usr/local/bin/shairport.pl"
PIDFILE=/var/run/$NAME.pid
DAEMON_ARGS="-w $PIDFILE -a $SPEAKER --ao_devicename=$AODEV"
Please let me know if I can assist in getting this resolved.

paulonline

Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:20 pm

paulonline wrote:Hi,

Can you tell me if Squeezelite and Shairport should be able to be installed on the same Pi and work correctly ?

I have downloaded and installed squeezeplug 6.02 and followed the tutorial to install both programs. Now I can play a song from my ipod touch fine, then I try to use squeezelite and that to works fine. but if I then attempt to play another song via shairport (after stopping the music on squeezelite) I get no sound.

aplay -l gives the following output :-

card 0: Device [Generic USB Audio Device], device 0: USB Audio [USB Audio]
I have also edited my /etc/init.d/shairport file to explicitly use the usb soundcard :-

NAME=shairport
SPEAKER=Garden_Air
AODEV="plughw:0,0"
DAEMON="/usr/local/bin/shairport.pl"
PIDFILE=/var/run/$NAME.pid
DAEMON_ARGS="-w $PIDFILE -a $SPEAKER --ao_devicename=$AODEV"
Please let me know if I can assist in getting this resolved.
I re-formatted my sd card and re-installed squeezeplug. I then installed shairport 1st, then installed squeezelite. Now all seems to be working.

:)

etiennegignac

Sun Feb 10, 2013 1:42 pm

etiennegignac wrote:
truehl wrote:
Good day again. I did some more research with regards to my network dropping problem...

In daemon.log:

Feb  9 21:27:48 RPI udevd[2830]: failed to execute '/lib/udev/write_net_rules' 'write_net_rules': No such file or directory
Feb  9 21:28:19 RPI avahi-daemon[2098]: Withdrawing workstation service for eth0.
This is repeated a bunch of times indefinitely... There is indeed no /lib/udev/write_net_rules but something is calling it. I have everything updated to the latest version through the "setup" GUI. Any idea on how to solve this?

Would updating udev only work? How would I do that?

Thanks.

Ruf

Fri Jun 28, 2013 11:38 am

I have just ordered my first RPi. I thought this would be my first project. It looks fantastic.

On the client side I would like to use my android phone and table as the renderer. I have a couple of questions:

1 - What client apps for Android are compatible with the media servers on Squeezebox;
2 - Can the music be streamed over the internet as well as LAN;
3 - Can Squeezebox stream content stored elsewhere on the LAN rather than the RPi SD card?

Many thanks

mantekka

Mon Jul 01, 2013 12:34 pm

Ruf wrote: 1 - What client apps for Android are compatible with the media servers on Squeezebox;
There are a number of apps - off the top of my head:
  • Logitech squeezebox controller
    Squeezedroid
Ruf wrote:2 - Can the music be streamed over the internet as well as LAN;
Yes there is a way to set this up. You should find some discussions on these forums about how to do it.
Ruf wrote:3 - Can Squeezebox stream content stored elsewhere on the LAN rather than the RPi SD card?
Yes you can stream from your network. For instance you could mount a USB drive on the NAS using a USB Hub. Or you could mount a network drive and simply point Logitech Media Server at it for the music library database.

mantekka

Fri Jul 05, 2013 2:51 pm

Anyone know if you could control Squeezeplug with a Logitech Harmony remote?

castalla

Fri Jul 05, 2013 3:51 pm

mantekka wrote:Anyone know if you could control Squeezeplug with a Logitech Harmony remote?
Control what?

Squeezeplug is the interface which lets you install a server and or a player. You can control these either via a web browser and squeezeplay.

To directly control the Pi you'd neeed an IR receiver installed.

mantekka

Fri Jul 05, 2013 5:01 pm

castalla wrote:
mantekka wrote:Anyone know if you could control Squeezeplug with a Logitech Harmony remote?
Control what?
Squeezeplug is the interface which lets you install a server and or a player. You can control these either via a web browser and squeezeplay.
Control Logitech Media Server specifically.
Although you would probably need the UI. But maybe there's a way to program certain functions like play/pause or start random song mix.
I thought there might be a harmony remote that connected via wireless.
OK nevermind, stupid question probably, was just thinking aloud!

SteveJones

Wed Jan 29, 2014 3:46 pm

etiennegignac wrote:
truehl wrote:
Did you ever find a solution to this? I am seeing the same thing - LAN connection drops after a number of hours, nothing in the system logs. This is on a RPi v2 with squeezeplug v7.02, though I am not at all certain the problem is related to squeezeplug. I am just trying some scripts to test the connection and restart it via cron. If I am successful I will let you know on here.

Cheers, S.

paul777

Wed May 14, 2014 3:24 pm

paul433 wrote: I have this working using modified version squeezelite. The code has been tested with console debug messages, as soon as my relay module arrives, I'll finish the testing. Righ now the function is: The power button on in LMS will shut off a relay that powers down an amp. I also have an idle mode that after a stream finishes and there is no activity for a set period of time, it shuts down the amp, and will automatically power back up upon resuming. Right now the "Pause" button will prevent the system from sleeping.
Any news on this and how I get it to work - hardware/software versions - it is exactly what I am looking to do?

thanks
Paul

pianoquintet

Thu Nov 05, 2015 12:46 pm

I still have an issue with playing m4a tracks. They play perfectly on my SB Radio and Squeezelite but not on my SB Receiver, which just skips them.

It must be a transcoding issue but I played around for hours with the File Types settings on the server and could not get the hang of it. Can any one help? My settings are attached.

My system is an armhf debian wheezy with LMS 7.8, Lame, Sox, Flaac and FAAD installed.

Thank you.
Attachments
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (41.25 KiB) Viewed 1544 times

Return to “Media centres”