truehl

SqueezePlug Version 6 available

Mon Dec 31, 2012 5:06 pm

Hi folks,

GREAT NEWS!

I'm very happy to tell you that SqueezePlug for Raspberry Pi version 6 is now ready for download.

More see here:
http://www.raspberrypi.org/phpBB3/viewt ... 96#p246896

Have fun,
Thomas
truehl
http://www.squeezeplug.de

TheD6Bel

Re: SqueezePlug Version 5 ready for download

Mon Dec 31, 2012 8:11 pm

paul433 wrote:
TheD6Bel wrote:Hello,
For your new version you can add us manage GPIO when the music is played :roll: :oops: :D
the perfect system for a cheap multiroom server :D
I have this working using modified version squeezelite. The code has been tested with console debug messages, as soon as my relay module arrives, I'll finish the testing. Righ now the function is: The power button on in LMS will shut off a relay that powers down an amp. I also have an idle mode that after a stream finishes and there is no activity for a set period of time, it shuts down the amp, and will automatically power back up upon resuming. Right now the "Pause" button will prevent the system from sleeping.
this is exactly what is missing to be a perfect multiroom with a DIY amp

j'attend avec impatience ton code ou explication pour faire sa.

merci ;)

julianp13

Tue Jan 01, 2013 8:31 am

Followed this post and got lms working. But as a noob I can't get my hfs formatted usb drive mounted in squeezeplug and available to see on LMS.

truehl wrote:
.helge wrote:
@all guys with that problem, are you using version 5.05 (the latest update) before you've installed LMS?
started with 5.0 -> installed LMS -> updated to 5.05 => still running since then (one reboot because LMS stopped for an unknown reason)
Please go this way:

After the initial boot
1. Expand file system
2. Update SqueezePlug
3. Install LMS

Rastley

Tue Jan 01, 2013 10:31 pm

Hi Thomas,

Thanks for the very quick reply the other night. Got it working with Samba but only on another shared directory (with user and passwords) that I created on my NAS....not what I was hoping for but clearly a problem with my NAS and not Squeezeplug (thought you probably guessed that).

Cleaning of fstab file is easy as you said.

Thanks again, I need to go and investigate my NAS.

Regards,
Gavin.

marlar

Wed Jan 02, 2013 12:34 pm

Happy New Year!

Like others I had the issue with CPAN when installing Squeezebox Server. Tried several times, then it worked. I don't know what I did, though :-)

Now I see that version 6 i ready. Although it works now I will try the new version out of curiosity.

Thanks for your efforts so far.

Martin

potterjohnnie

Wed Jan 02, 2013 8:59 pm

Hi

I've followed the instructions and everything seems to work fine until I get to the point where I have to login using a browser using ipaddress:9000. Using SSH I can see that that squeezeboxserve is running. The Pi is using a wired connection. I've tried different computers and browsers, switching their firewalls off but nothing seems to make any difference.

Any suggestions?

Johnnie

truehl

Thu Jan 03, 2013 3:49 am

potterjohnnie wrote:Hi

I've followed the instructions and everything seems to work fine until I get to the point where I have to login using a browser using ipaddress:9000. Using SSH I can see that that squeezeboxserve is running. The Pi is using a wired connection. I've tried different computers and browsers, switching their firewalls off but nothing seems to make any difference.

Any suggestions?

Johnnie
Please try version 6!
truehl

SoundSunPleasure

Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:26 pm

Since I've been having problems getting the Edimax to work with version 6 of Squeezeplug, I am reverting back to version 5. I would like to use Squeezelite instead of Squeezeslave.

Can somebody give me instructions on how to install Squeezelite? I haven't found it in the repositories. I am familiar with Linux commands but am by no means an expert.

Thank you!

castalla

Wed Jan 09, 2013 7:03 pm

Squeezelite is in the Squeezeplug setup! Just look for Install Media Players

drgeoff

Wed Jan 09, 2013 8:13 pm

SoundSunPleasure wrote:Since I've been having problems getting the Edimax to work with version 6 of Squeezeplug, I am reverting back to version 5. I would like to use Squeezelite instead of Squeezeslave.
There were some Wi-Fi dongle problems with the first release of Squeezeplug 6; neither of my Ralink nor Realtek based dongles would work using the Squeezeplug setup steps. But since upgrading to 6.01 they are working OK.

truehl

Wed Jan 09, 2013 8:18 pm

drgeoff wrote:
SoundSunPleasure wrote:Since I've been having problems getting the Edimax to work with version 6 of Squeezeplug, I am reverting back to version 5. I would like to use Squeezelite instead of Squeezeslave.
There were some Wi-Fi dongle problems with the first release of Squeezeplug 6; neither of my Ralink nor Realtek based dongles would work using the Squeezeplug setup steps. But since upgrading to 6.01 they are working OK.
That's what I expected, on 6.01 the all should work! If you update to 6.01 you have to do the WLAN config once again!
truehl

SoundSunPleasure

Wed Jan 09, 2013 9:54 pm

castalla wrote:Squeezelite is in the Squeezeplug setup! Just look for Install Media Players
I don't see it anywhere in version 5.

SoundSunPleasure

Wed Jan 09, 2013 9:55 pm

truehl wrote:
drgeoff wrote:
That's what I expected, on 6.01 the all should work! If you update to 6.01 you have to do the WLAN config once again!
Hi Thomas,

I'm one of the people who are having trouble with the WIFI dongle in version 6.01, so I am using version 5 until there's a solution. :)

castalla

Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:38 pm

SoundSunPleasure wrote:
castalla wrote:Squeezelite is in the Squeezeplug setup! Just look for Install Media Players
I don't see it anywhere in version 5.
Oops ... maybe in the 505 update?

truehl

Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:48 pm

SoundSunPleasure wrote:I'm one of the people who are having trouble with the WIFI dongle in version 6.01, so I am using version 5 until there's a solution. :)
Hi,
sorry about that. I thought it works. The process should be.
1. Install 6.00
2. Configure Wifi: Wifi don't work
3. Update to 6.01: Wifi still won't work
4. Configure Wifi: Wifi will work

If you haven't configured WiFi with 6.00 and do it first from 6.01 it should work directly.

I think some others confirmed this behavior, right?
truehl

SoundSunPleasure

Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:51 pm

truehl wrote:
SoundSunPleasure wrote:I'm one of the people who are having trouble with the WIFI dongle in version 6.01, so I am using version 5 until there's a solution. :)
Hi,
sorry about that. I thought it works. The process should be.
1. Install 6.00
2. Configure Wifi: Wifi don't work
3. Update to 6.01: Wifi still won't work
4. Configure Wifi: Wifi will work

If you haven't configured WiFi with 6.00 and do it first from 6.01 it should work directly.

I think some others confirmed this behavior, right?
Check your private messages. I sent you an update earlier today. :) Thanks Thomas!

SoundSunPleasure

Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:14 pm

castalla wrote:
Oops ... maybe in the 505 update?
Doh! Yes, you're right. Thanks! :)

TheD6Bel

Thu Jan 10, 2013 4:01 pm

paul433 wrote:I have this working using modified version squeezelite. The code has been tested with console debug messages, as soon as my relay module arrives, I'll finish the testing. Righ now the function is: The power button on in LMS will shut off a relay that powers down an amp. I also have an idle mode that after a stream finishes and there is no activity for a set period of time, it shuts down the amp, and will automatically power back up upon resuming. Right now the "Pause" button will prevent the system from sleeping.
Hello,

news over the code?
if you want beta testers I have equipment (relay) to test 8-) :lol:

SoundSunPleasure

Thu Jan 10, 2013 4:43 pm

Anybody know where LMS settings are located in 505? I want to backup LMS settings because every time I install LMS I have to scan a 1TB library.

etiennegignac

Sat Jan 12, 2013 10:47 pm

Hi everyone.

I installed squeezeplug a while ago on my RPi and I love it! I have one obscure problem though and I couldn't find anything related to it on the web...

Basically everything works fine but after a certain period of time, the ethernet link just drops (like the ethernet cable was disconnected from the router). I confirmed the cable is fine and the problem is not on the router side.

Not sure if there is a "sleep" timer or something like that but I couldn't find any documentation on that. Also not a power supply issue (lots of power to spare).

Any ideas? Restarting the RPi is the only solution to bring the interface back online.

Thanks for your time.

truehl

Sat Jan 12, 2013 10:54 pm

etiennegignac wrote:Hi everyone.

I installed squeezeplug a while ago on my RPi and I love it! I have one obscure problem though and I couldn't find anything related to it on the web...

Basically everything works fine but after a certain period of time, the ethernet link just drops (like the ethernet cable was disconnected from the router). I confirmed the cable is fine and the problem is not on the router side.

Not sure if there is a "sleep" timer or something like that but I couldn't find any documentation on that. Also not a power supply issue (lots of power to spare).

Any ideas? Restarting the RPi is the only solution to bring the interface back online.

Thanks for your time.
That seems to be a know bug with some boards. It has nothing to zo do with SqueezePlug. Please try to update the firmware and try if this works:

Code: Select all

root@squeezeplug:~# setup
<Advanced_Configuration> <Firmware_Update>
truehl

etiennegignac

Sat Jan 12, 2013 11:53 pm

truehl wrote:
etiennegignac wrote:Hi everyone.

Thanks for your time.
That seems to be a know bug with some boards. It has nothing to zo do with SqueezePlug. Please try to update the firmware and try if this works:

Code: Select all

root@squeezeplug:~# setup
<Advanced_Configuration> <Firmware_Update>
Thanks. I have updated squeezeplug, debian and the RPi. I will report back in a couple of days with results.

etiennegignac

Sun Jan 13, 2013 4:13 pm

With everything updated, link still drops down. It took about 12 hours for it to drop I believe. This is highly annoying!

castalla

Sun Jan 13, 2013 5:15 pm

Is this a v1 or v2 board?

Return to “Media centres”