Hawkb
Posts: 9
Joined: Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:57 am

Re: SqueezePlug Version 5 ready for download

Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:00 am

Got this setup perfectly, but I don't seem to be able to access the web interface at squeezeplug:9000 or <ip>:9000.

Anyone has any idea why this is happening?

jeremyroebuck
Posts: 8
Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2012 7:22 am

Re: SqueezePlug Version 5 ready for download

Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:55 pm

Hi Hawkb
It can be slow, particularly if v little video RAM allocated - give it 5 mins
Also - might be worth double checking the IP address allocated by your router
Can your player(s) find LMS?
Hope this is helpful
Jeremy

steves999
Posts: 19
Joined: Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:36 am

Re: SqueezePlug Version 5 ready for download

Mon Dec 03, 2012 3:02 pm

Hawkb wrote:Got this setup perfectly, but I don't seem to be able to access the web interface at squeezeplug:9000 or <ip>:9000.

Anyone has any idea why this is happening?
I had the same thing...had to reboot the Rpi twice from the putty interface before it was seen. Repowering didn't seem to reboot in the same way. (showing my lack of knowledge here I think!)

Hawkb
Posts: 9
Joined: Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:57 am

Re: SqueezePlug Version 5 ready for download

Mon Dec 03, 2012 3:14 pm

I could try the rebooting. Just did a reinstall to make sure I didn't mess up and no luck again.

castalla
Posts: 558
Joined: Thu Jul 19, 2012 3:46 pm

Re: SqueezePlug Version 5 ready for download

Mon Dec 03, 2012 3:33 pm

Can you get shell access?

if so do top

This will show if squeezebox server is running.

Hawkb
Posts: 9
Joined: Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:57 am

Re: SqueezePlug Version 5 ready for download

Mon Dec 03, 2012 4:28 pm

castalla wrote:Can you get shell access?

if so do top

This will show if squeezebox server is running.
I can indeed see it running, but still no access to the web interface.

jojojojojojo
Posts: 27
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2012 12:02 pm

Re: SqueezePlug Version 5 ready for download

Mon Dec 03, 2012 4:41 pm

Hi,
just wanted to let you know that this very low priced dongle
http://dx.com/p/ultra-mini-nano-usb-2-0 ... pter-48166
works flawless with the Pi, directly hooked to the Pi's USB port. Have been testing it for a few days, also a whole day long with all kind of mp3, inet-radio,... no problem at all. It uses a 8188CUS driver (no installation required, worked out of the box).
Could not use the setup-feature from squeezeplug, since I'm still on WEP and not WAP, but apart from slight changes to the the /etc/network/interfaces, all the same.
Kind regards,
Johannes

User avatar
truehl
Posts: 642
Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2012 6:47 pm
Contact: Website

Re: SqueezePlug Version 5 ready for download

Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:41 pm

Just an idea:
Some of you reported problems with SqueezePlug and some WiFi devices. The problems are only with SqueezePlug and not with Raspbian. So I'm thinking about using the official Raspbian image as the base for SqueezePlug. This means I put all my stuff on top of the official Raspbian image. This is possible, I've checked this out.

The good thing is the compatibility to Raspbian and e.g. all WiFi drivers should work. You can also use the graphic x stuff if you like. This system will run with the same performance like now, because the x stuff is only loaded if you type startx.

The bad thing about it is that the image will be much larger! I can implement a function to delete all the x stuff later, if you like.

I could do the same with the SoftFloat version version.

So what do you think?
truehl
http://www.squeezeplug.de

forsakenrider
Posts: 9
Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2012 7:45 pm

Re: SqueezePlug Version 5 ready for download

Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:12 pm

DO IT!

that sounds perfect. if there was an added script to delete X stuff after the install and configure that would be really user friendly. Like I was saying, and like ive read of other, some wifi devices dont seem to work with the command line controls. I had to startx once to get mine to work, then it saved all functions.

One thing im curious about is sleep/wake over wifi when using squeezelite. is this possible?

antonholmstedt
Posts: 45
Joined: Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:31 am

Re: SqueezePlug Version 5 ready for download

Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:51 pm

truehl wrote:Just an idea:
Some of you reported problems with SqueezePlug and some WiFi devices. The problems are only with SqueezePlug and not with Raspbian. So I'm thinking about using the official Raspbian image as the base for SqueezePlug. This means I put all my stuff on top of the official Raspbian image. This is possible, I've checked this out.

The good thing is the compatibility to Raspbian and e.g. all WiFi drivers should work. You can also use the graphic x stuff if you like. This system will run with the same performance like now, because the x stuff is only loaded if you type startx.

The bad thing about it is that the image will be much larger! I can implement a function to delete all the x stuff later, if you like.

I could do the same with the SoftFloat version version.

So what do you think?
Sounds great, especially soft float since I want to run the spotify plugin. Looking forward to use it with berryboot so I can change to xbmc when I want to :)

User avatar
yorkshiregrump
Posts: 19
Joined: Mon May 21, 2012 1:24 pm

Re: SqueezePlug Version 5 ready for download

Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:48 pm

Sounds like an Excellent idea.

bobbydriver
Posts: 70
Joined: Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:06 am

Re: SqueezePlug Version 5 ready for download

Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:20 am

Sounds a good idea to me too.

The first thing i did with my Pi was load the Squeezeplug image - because that was the main thing I wanted to use it for.

As I then began to dig deeper and look at other apps to run (realising that it could do so much more than run Squeezeplug) it became obvious that a lot of apps rely on the X windows stuff/desktop

It's possible to add these things back in myself, but it's been a a bit hit and miss and I'm pretty sure I have things installed that I don't need, but right now I run Squeezeplug, OMXPlayer, Apache, PHP5 and a cool command line youtube player

castalla
Posts: 558
Joined: Thu Jul 19, 2012 3:46 pm

Re: SqueezePlug Version 5 ready for download

Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:38 am

I don't mind .... as long as this thread doesn't get clogged up with posts asking 'Why doesn't YouTube work on Squeezeplug?', etc. :lol: :lol: :lol:

User avatar
truehl
Posts: 642
Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2012 6:47 pm
Contact: Website

Re: SqueezePlug Version 5 ready for download

Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:53 pm

It looks like most of you agree to my plans to use the official Raspbian and Wheezy images as a platform for SqueezePlug!

I forgot to tell you one more disadvantage of switching to the official versions: I can't do this with a normal patch! I have to make a complete new image and there will be no update path for this! So you all have to start from scratch if you like to use the new version!
truehl
http://www.squeezeplug.de

Argon
Posts: 109
Joined: Thu Aug 25, 2011 11:04 am

Re: SqueezePlug Version 5 ready for download

Tue Dec 04, 2012 1:09 pm

Not such a big problem i think. In 15 a 30 minutes it's installed again.

tw99
Posts: 12
Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2012 4:54 pm

Re: SqueezePlug Version 5 ready for download

Tue Dec 04, 2012 1:35 pm

Seems like the best way to go, SD cards are so cheap that a larger Flash footprint shouldn't be too concerning for most.

I suppose ideally you could offer a complete canned image for downloading onto an SD Card as you do today, and also the additional Squeezeplug content as an installable APT package to load onto an existing Raspbian installation...

steves999
Posts: 19
Joined: Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:36 am

Re: SqueezePlug Version 5 ready for download

Tue Dec 04, 2012 2:03 pm

tw99 wrote:Seems like the best way to go, SD cards are so cheap that a larger Flash footprint shouldn't be too concerning for most.

I suppose ideally you could offer a complete canned image for downloading onto an SD Card as you do today, and also the additional Squeezeplug content as an installable APT package to load onto an existing Raspbian installation...
I agree with this.....it seems like the way forward. Thomas, I'm sure that if you're happy to do it there will be plenty of us downloading to test and use!

AntonB
Posts: 2
Joined: Tue Dec 04, 2012 2:35 pm

Re: SqueezePlug Version 5 ready for download

Tue Dec 04, 2012 2:50 pm

Hello,
first off all: bravo Thomas!
I am a complete newbie and still was able to get everything running properly.
SBT & LMS, WDTV showing SQUEEZEPLUG as a "network share".

Although I do have a problem. Samba or Windows related?
\\SQUEEZEPLUG shows in my Windows Seven "Network" with 2 folders "\\SQUEEZEPLUG\media_lib" & "\\SQUEEZEPLUG\rootfs".
Whenever I try to copy a file anywhere, Windows will refuse; no enough space available (there is!)

Can anyone please tell me what I have missed?
Thanks

Hawkb
Posts: 9
Joined: Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:57 am

Re: SqueezePlug Version 5 ready for download

Tue Dec 04, 2012 3:15 pm

I'm still having problems connecting to my squeezebox server.

I tried setting up a squeezeslave on the same device and connecting to the server with that, and it keeps failing to connect.

Also, just noticed that when using 'top', the process ID keeps changing.
This doesn't seem normal to me, or am I wrong?

AntonB
Posts: 2
Joined: Tue Dec 04, 2012 2:35 pm

Re: SqueezePlug Version 5 ready for download

Tue Dec 04, 2012 4:34 pm

AntonB wrote:Hello,
first off all: bravo Thomas!
I am a complete newbie and still was able to get everything running properly.
SBT & LMS, WDTV showing SQUEEZEPLUG as a "network share".

Although I do have a problem. Samba or Windows related?
\\SQUEEZEPLUG shows in my Windows Seven "Network" with 2 folders "\\SQUEEZEPLUG\media_lib" & "\\SQUEEZEPLUG\rootfs".
Whenever I try to copy a file anywhere, Windows will refuse; no enough space available (there is!)

Can anyone please tell me what I have missed?
Thanks
Sorry guys, I fell like a idiot!
must use the path: \\SQUEEZEPLUG\rootfs\mnt etc
One thing, Windows Explorer shows 22.5 Mo free out of 1.63 Go.
Seems to be displaying the SD?

Hawkb
Posts: 9
Joined: Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:57 am

Re: SqueezePlug Version 5 ready for download

Tue Dec 04, 2012 6:25 pm

Managed to install Squeezebox on my NAS and playing it through Squeezeslave on my RPi. I do have a terrible crackling noise at times though, anyway to solve that?

User avatar
truehl
Posts: 642
Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2012 6:47 pm
Contact: Website

Re: SqueezePlug Version 5 ready for download

Tue Dec 04, 2012 6:41 pm

Hawkb wrote:Managed to install Squeezebox on my NAS and playing it through Squeezeslave on my RPi. I do have a terrible crackling noise at times though, anyway to solve that?
Did you install the latest updates? Ae you available via Skype? So we could figure things out!
truehl
http://www.squeezeplug.de

User avatar
.helge
Posts: 35
Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2012 9:14 pm

Re: SqueezePlug Version 5 ready for download

Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:31 pm

truehl wrote:It looks like most of you agree to my plans to use the official Raspbian and Wheezy images as a platform for SqueezePlug!

I forgot to tell you one more disadvantage of switching to the official versions: I can't do this with a normal patch! I have to make a complete new image and there will be no update path for this! So you all have to start from scratch if you like to use the new version!
To me it's OK, or better: a very good idea. Lets do it! I'll be happy to do some testing :)

User avatar
truehl
Posts: 642
Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2012 6:47 pm
Contact: Website

Re: SqueezePlug Version 5 ready for download

Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:53 pm

I'm already on the way! :lol:
truehl
http://www.squeezeplug.de

steves999
Posts: 19
Joined: Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:36 am

Re: SqueezePlug Version 5 ready for download

Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:49 pm

truehl wrote:I'm already on the way!
:D

Return to “Media centres”