TibiusReynolds

Video Library on OSMC

Sun Jun 04, 2017 5:13 am

Hi. I have a Rasberry Pi 3 running OSMC with a USB hard drive full of videos attached with two folders, Movies and TV. Most of the movie files and TV show files show up in the database automatically, but two don't. Namely Columbo and Star Trek: The Animated Series.

I can browse to those folders via the "files" menu and I find all the video files there, and when I click ok the file name the video plays aa it should. But nether of these shows up in the library. Or I should say the show name and art appears in the library, along with "0 episodes."

When I click "information" and "refresh" nothing changes. What can I do to get these videos in my library? :)

topguy

Re: Video Library on OSMC

Sun Jun 04, 2017 11:43 pm

When you have the folder selected under "files" press 'c' and select "information" try then a "refresh".

TibiusReynolds

Mon Jun 05, 2017 12:20 am

Okay. I did exactly this. It says:
"TV show information
Locally stored information found. Ignore and refresh from Internet?"

I click Yes.

I choose "Columbo (en)" from the list.

Loading TV show details…

Nothing changes. "0 Total Episodes"

These are the results when I use TVDB as the data provider. I changed it to both XEM and AniDB with similar results. Nothing.

topguy

Mon Jun 05, 2017 12:40 am

Then its probably related to how the files are named. Compare to the other folders that work.
Mine usually are in "Season 01" sub folder and then named "series title - 1x03 - episode name.mkv"

DarrenHill

Tue Jun 06, 2017 9:39 am

http://kodi.wiki/view/Naming_video_files/TV_shows

The file naming should match the database of the scraper you're using. In most cases this is thetvdb.com for TV shows.

The naming convention there is fairly standard, SxxEyy for season and episode number, as detailed in the link below:

http://www.thetvdb.com/?tab=seasonall&id=70369&lid=7

As long as you have "this folder contains a single TV show" ticked for the folder containing the episodes (or sub-folders containing seasons if you split it that way) then it should scrape ok. You access that via the context menu of the folder, and then select edit content (or set content if it hasn't already been set as a tv show).

TeknikalRift

Thu Nov 29, 2018 11:23 pm

Hey there, I'm about to start doing the same thin...how did you go about setting this up?
TibiusReynolds wrote:
Sun Jun 04, 2017 5:13 am
Hi. I have a Rasberry Pi 3 running OSMC with a USB hard drive full of videos attached with two folders, Movies and TV. Most of the movie files and TV show files show up in the database automatically, but two don't. Namely Columbo and Star Trek: The Animated Series.

I can browse to those folders via the "files" menu and I find all the video files there, and when I click ok the file name the video plays aa it should. But nether of these shows up in the library. Or I should say the show name and art appears in the library, along with "0 episodes."

When I click "information" and "refresh" nothing changes. What can I do to get these videos in my library? :)

Return to “Media centres”