bennetty

no sound over hdmi

Thu May 11, 2017 8:39 am

Hi, all,

i used RPi3 model and installed libreelec by noobs.
it has the kodi supported.
then, i play a mp4 file over hdmi interface.
the video is ok and audio has no sound.
my monitor model is aoc u2868pqu.

i am a RPi newbie.
how do i do more trouble shooting for this?

any suggestion or information is welcome.

thanks.

DougieLawson

Re: no sound over hdmi

Thu May 11, 2017 8:41 am

Which mode is your HDMI running in? You only get sound with CEA.

run tvservice -s; tvservice -m CEA; tvservice -m DMT to see what you're getting.
Note: Having anything humorous in your signature is completely banned on this forum. Wear a tin-foil hat and you'll get a ban.

Any DMs sent on Twitter will be answered next month.

This is a doctor free zone.

klricks

Thu May 11, 2017 1:15 pm

Is there no sound only when playing the MP4 video?
Is there sound at other times such as the clicking sound when navigating Kodi menus?
Is sound enabled for HDMI in your monitor OSD?
Unless specified otherwise my response is based on the latest and fully updated Raspbian Buster w/ Desktop OS.

RaspISteve

Thu May 11, 2017 6:57 pm

Guys,

Just got updated to Kodi 17.1 (May 2nd'17). I had no sound and it wasn't until I up'ed the TV volume to 55 (normally 10..14) that I could hear anything.

I'm sure the earlier version included a menu setting for default sound level but I'm stuffed if I can find it now or any other user volume adjust.

The only way I could correct this was to use my moby's remote application (Kore) and my moby's volume keys to take the Kodi default audio level up to normal.

Seems daft that I can find no way to routinely adjust the Kodi play sound level. Happy to take suggestions on this. The remote does produce a pop-up centre-top screen with rotary volume but I haven't found it using a mouse.
Share and Enjoy.

DarrenHill

Mon May 15, 2017 9:13 am

If you play something, then open the on-screen display and select the settings (cog) icon, you can go to audio and subtitle settings (the top pop-up menu item) and there you can set both volume and amplification.

Put those values to something suitable for your system and then down at the bottom there's an option to set as default for all media. Select this and you should be in a good place.

Return to “Media centres”