Boomer

Squeeze Box Player

Fri Sep 14, 2012 2:05 am

Using this link (www.squeezeplug.de) (THANK YOU!!!), I got my Raspberry Pi working as a Squeezebox tonight. I'm able to stream Pandora and other internet music services. Once I take care of some file management, I believe it will play my music files as well. Pretty slick. I may be half deaf, but it sounds pretty good through my TV. Plan to hook it up to a DAC and run it through my stereo tomorrow. Not bad. A Squeezebox Touch costs around $300 here in the US so a $35 Pi and some peripherals seems like a pretty good deal.

Only disappointment is that I couldn't easily configure a wifi connection. I'm a little leery of trying to run Mr.Engman's script even though it worked like a charm on my Raspian configuration.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

castalla

Re: Squeeze Box Player

Fri Sep 14, 2012 8:19 am

There are two other threads about squeezeplug on this forum.

Check those out.

MrEngman's script worked for me with the Edimax wifi dongle.

alexeames
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Fri Sep 14, 2012 7:00 pm

Boomer wrote:I'm a little leery of trying to run Mr.Engman's script even though it worked like a charm on my Raspian configuration.
Why don't you make a backup copy of your SD card and try the script on it? Then if it messes up you lose nothing. :D
Alex Eames RasPi.TV, RasP.iO

Trixster

Sat Sep 15, 2012 8:42 am

I can confirm that the MrEngman's script works perfectly with SqueezePlug, I set it up last night!

Return to “Media centres”