Howard

omxplayer development

Thu Aug 30, 2012 10:02 pm

Assuming there is someone working on omxplayer somewhere may I make some suggestions for development:

1. On quit (part way through playing something) output a value that represents the position in the file (byte count, seconds, minutes, anything).

2. Add a command line option (which takes above position value) to allow play to be resumed from where you left off.

3. Occasionally output a progress value (perhaps the same file position and file length) so a controlling program can present a progress bar.

4. Perhaps allow a position value to be entered while playing, and seek to that position.

I am not a c++ developer (I use Java) and haven't the first idea about getting involved in Git but I could probably some of hack these changes for myself, given enough time but it would be nice if they were available to everyone I think.

podly

Re: omxplayer development

Fri Aug 31, 2012 9:32 am

All the things that you have written works on XBMC. Becouse XBMC uses omxplayer, I suppose that it is already patched or it includes all features you asked.

dom
Raspberry Pi Engineer & Forum Moderator
Raspberry Pi Engineer & Forum Moderator

Re: omxplayer development

Fri Aug 31, 2012 9:37 am

Howard wrote:I am not a c++ developer (I use Java) and haven't the first idea about getting involved in Git but I could probably some of hack these changes for myself, given enough time but it would be nice if they were available to everyone I think.
Well, that's how open source works. The features you suggest sound straightforward to implement and could be useful - have a go.
The git side is worth learning about. Create a guthub account. Clone the omxplayer repository. Make the changes to your repository. If they are good, press "pull request", and they can be fed back into the main code.

Return to “Media centres”