lampy007

new media center to run raspberry

Mon Mar 21, 2016 11:12 pm

Hi all

I am fairly new to the raspberry Pi and have been running OSMC on it for a while but having nothing but problems so am looking for some help/advice.

I have recently set myself up a media center PC with all my movies tv shows etc on it.
In the past I ran 3x D-link boxees which you could setup with kodi pause a video on 1 box then walk into another room and continue watching it on any of the others, and recorded on all boxes what videos have been watched, also it actually found ALL of my tv's shows and movies unlike osmc, even to this day I am manually browsing through kodi files on the OSMC to get it to work.
The downside being you had to have kodi open at all times on your computer to get it to work but now with a media PC that will never be a problem.
So my question is does the raspberry have any software that will allow me to do something similar to this?

also im sure this probably wont happen but is it possible to run netflix aswell?

TIA

fruitoftheloom

Re: new media center to run raspberry

Mon Mar 21, 2016 11:30 pm

Retired disgracefully.....

HiroProtagonist

Tue Mar 22, 2016 10:48 pm

lampy007 wrote: I have recently set myself up a media center PC with all my movies tv shows etc on it.
In the past I ran 3x D-link boxees which you could setup with kodi pause a video on 1 box then walk into another room and continue watching it on any of the others, and recorded on all boxes what videos have been watched, also it actually found ALL of my tv's shows and movies unlike osmc, even to this day I am manually browsing through kodi files on the OSMC to get it to work.
It is possible to run your Kodi devices off a central database - it sounds like this is what you need. Not sure if it will share paused status, but will definitely give you central control over watched status. Instructions for how to do this can be found on the Kodi forums.

Note that Kodi uses 'scrapers' to identify files as particular movies/TV programs, these normally use TVDB [thetvdb.com] and TMDB [www.themoviedb.org]. Note that your filenames must match the name in the respective database in order to be scraped. If something is not being picked up, look it up on the TV/Movie DB with a web browser & rename your file/directory to match the name in the TV/Movie DB.
So my question is does the raspberry have any software that will allow me to do something similar to this?
You are running Kodi on your Pi, these issues are Kodi issues, rather than anything to do with the Pi or OSMC. You'll probably get much more info by checking the Kodi forums.
also im sure this probably wont happen but is it possible to run netflix aswell?
No.

lampy007

Tue Mar 22, 2016 11:22 pm

Cheers for the reply, I have actually used sickbeard to rename ALL my episodes which uses TVDB to rename them I have tried checked EVERYTHING its simply not finding everything where Kodi is, its as silly as I have lets say archer season 1 named EXACTLY the same
Archer (2009) - S01E01 - Molehunt

ALL of them are the same I have even copied and pasted the episode names for every episode over and it will only ever show me the first 6 episodes OSMC is sooo random after months of trying to fix it im just gonna go back to what always worked :lol:

Thanks for your help

Return to “Media centres”