Raspbian BBC BASIC updated to v0.25a
Posted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 10:00 pm
I have released version 0.25a of BBC BASIC for Raspbian (BBCSDL). The main changes in this version are as follows:
- The 'Create Application' facility has now been enabled, allowing you to create a 'standalone' application that can be distributed.
- The operation of the VDU 14 'paged mode' has been improved: it now pauses before the screen scrolls, as it should.
- The 'dlglib.bbc' (dialogue box emulation) library now supports the BS_ICON style bit, which supports an icon image on a button.
- The 'nowait.bbc' (non-blocking function) library has been enhanced so that the FNinput function better supports UTF-8 input.
- A new example program 'colorcycle.bbc' (in the graphics directory) demonstrates how 'palette animation' may be emulated.
- Installation has been simplified by the inclusion of a shell script 'mkicon.sh' which automatically creates a desktop shortcut.