I have released version 0.24a of BBC BASIC for Raspbian (BBCSDL). The main changes in this version are as follows:
- The line editor used by the INPUT statement (and in immediate mode) has improved support for UTF-8 (Unicode) encoding.
- The 'socklib' library has been enhanced to support UDP as well as TCP communication.
- A new 'utf8lib' library provides UTF-8-compatible replacements for the LEFT$, RIGHT$, MID$, INSTR and LEN functions.
- David Williams' Rainbow Snake game is included as 'snake.bbc' in the examples/games directory.
- A new example program 'lanchat.bbc' demonstrates using UDP packets for a 'serverless' chat application.
A Raspberry Pi 3 is needed for best results. https://www.bbcbasic.co.uk/bbcsdl/