drifterf

When A MAC Address conencts to wifi/bluetooth trigger a gpio

Fri Apr 12, 2019 4:32 pm

Hi guys, as per the title. could someone help me with the following.

I want it so when a mobile phone or device connects to the wifi signal it triggers a gpio output. or Bluetooth is another option ?

could anyone help ?

I want to do it in python as my other projects are in python and this might be integrated at some stage.

thanks

B.Goode

Re: When A MAC Address conencts to wifi/bluetooth trigger a gpio

Fri Apr 12, 2019 4:51 pm

when a mobile phone or device connects to the wifi signal it triggers a gpio output.

"connects to the wifi signal"

Is the RPi configured as a WiFi access point?

Or are you planning to detect association with a WiFi access point shared by the RPi and the other device?

And what does "connects to" mean? Just that it comes within communication range, or that it has completed an association via something like psk authentication?

drifterf

Fri Apr 12, 2019 5:44 pm

hi, as soon as the device connects to the wifi/bluetooth

Is the RPi configured as a WiFi access point? - i have not started the project yet as i was trying to find the best means available to do this so, it can be thats not a problem

Or are you planning to detect association with a WiFi access point shared by the RPi and the other device? - as above, what ever is easiest tbh

And what does "connects to" mean? Just that it comes within communication range, or that it has completed an association via something like psk authentication? - it will need to have authentication for it to work, so for the first time you would connect to the wifi etc as per normal. the phone would remember the password but then when that mac address re-connects auto it would trigger a gpio pin

mattmiller

Fri Apr 12, 2019 8:22 pm

Google for Amazon Dash button projects as this is exactly what they do - listen out for a Dash button powering up

Return to “Python”