ImpactMG725

Using Pi to auto shutdown printer?

Mon Oct 22, 2018 3:01 am

Ok so to begin I am a newb with Linux but have some programming experience with web design (html, javascript, php, etc.) and limited experience with C++. So I bought a 3d printer and wanted to untether with a Pi. Easy enough. Then it bugged me that I had two things plugged in to run it. My genius idea was a PC power supply because they are 12v and 5v. Well other people have done it so I guess I was late to the party but I went one step ahead of where I had originally planned of just having a switch turn on the power supply to using the GPIO pins on the Pi turn on the power supply. It's working wonderfully after banging my head against the wall a few times to try to decipher Linux from some vague tutorials that assumed you had more experience with the subject. So now I am to a point I had another brilliant idea, I want my Pi to now command the printer to power off when the print is finished. I use the command "gpio write # 1" to turn the power supply on and "gpio write # 0" to turn it off which I have written into the menu on OctpoPi. Is there a way I can have OctoPi run the command "gpio write # 0" at a set time after the print is finished? Let is stay powered on for say 5 minutes to use the fans to quickly cool the extruder then run the command to turn off the PC power supply to power off the printer.

tellthebelll

Re: Using Pi to auto shutdown printer?

Fri Oct 11, 2019 8:07 pm

I have managed to fumble my way through setting up my printer and Pi to a PC power supply where the Pi is running on the standby circuit https://www.krogerfeedback.us

Return to “General programming discussion”