tednilsen

Build packages and install from deb-src

Sat Jun 13, 2015 3:41 pm

Hi, I'm having trouble building and installing from deb source and making my changes.

Code: Select all

# assume /etc/apt/sources.list is containing the proper deb-src
apt-get update
cd
mkdir build && cd build
apt-get source libsdl2-dev
cd libsdl2-2.0.2+dfsg1
Now usually when just configuring and compiling I can do this:

./configure --includedir=/usr/include/ --host=armv7l-raspberry-linux-gnueabihf --disable-pulseaudio --disable-esd --disable-video-mir --disable-video-wayland --disable-video-x11 --disable-video-opengl
make -j4
make install
But this is not what I want, I need all the SDL2 stuff, I need to build and install all as packages including the -dev, so that I will have:

libsdl2-2.0-0        libsdl2-gfx-dbg      libsdl2-image-dbg    libsdl2-mixer-dev    libsdl2-ttf-2.0-0
libsdl2-dbg          libsdl2-gfx-dev      libsdl2-image-dev    libsdl2-net-2.0-0    libsdl2-ttf-dbg
libsdl2-dev          libsdl2-gfx-doc      libsdl2-mixer-2.0-0  libsdl2-net-dbg      libsdl2-ttf-dev
libsdl2-gfx-1.0-0    libsdl2-image-2.0-0  libsdl2-mixer-dbg    libsdl2-net-dev
I've been looking around, but cannot figure out how to build and install everything so that I can pass all my flags (inkluding the -j4, because waiting for 1 core when I have 4 is boring).
Can anyone please guide me here.. I've been looking around, finding various examples with dpkg checkinstall dpkg-rebuild etc, but none that actually guide me to how I can pass all my parameters, and build and install every package, would be nice to be able to uninstall too.. and keep my .deb files for later?

Return to “General programming discussion”