Joachimrnnes

Atonomous boat

Sun May 25, 2014 7:34 pm

Hello,

What are your suggestions for systems to an autonomous boat thats going to cross the sea outside my town all by itself? The distance is around 7,5 nautical miles(international). What do you suggest integrating into the build? So far ive decided what powerplant and boat i am going to use, and im working on a "update center" were my boat can automatically send tweets about system performance, position, heading and so on.... I have done some software testing and are looking forward to launching the boat in a couple of months... Anyone whose done this before and want to give me a great technical suggestion for my project, so the trip overseas will go as smooth as possible? Thanks!

DeeJay

Re: Atonomous boat

Mon May 26, 2014 10:31 am

How To Ask Questions The Smart Way: http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html
How to Report Bugs Effectively: http://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~sgtatham/bugs.html

johndough

Re: Atonomous boat

Mon May 26, 2014 10:38 am

Joachimrnnes wrote:Hello,

What are your suggestions for systems to an autonomous boat thats going to cross the sea outside my town all by itself? The distance is around 7,5 nautical miles(international). What do you suggest integrating into the build? So far ive decided what powerplant and boat i am going to use, and im working on a "update center" were my boat can automatically send tweets about system performance, position, heading and so on.... I have done some software testing and are looking forward to launching the boat in a couple of months... Anyone whose done this before and want to give me a great technical suggestion for my project, so the trip overseas will go as smooth as possible? Thanks!
Hi

I would be concerned about radio traffic, making sure nothing I transmitted got into the wrong bands, Maritime etc.

Return to “Advanced users”