Kamigaku

Play music on car radio with bluetooth

Thu Jan 03, 2019 11:31 am

Hello guys,

I'm trying to do a simple project which consist of using my raspberry pi as a song database handler and play those song in my car auto radio. For the moment i have setup the pairing and connection between those two. I've managed to make it connect the both of them with pulseaudio but when i'm playing a song with pulse audio nothing is played.
Right now my car radio is stuck on "Searching..." when the bluetooth is paired and connected but it is not finding any song. I've tried to follow this guide http://youness.net/raspberry-pi/how-to- ... berry-pi-3 but when i do the paplay command, nothing comes out.
My radio does appear when i do a pacmd list-cards but the following commands on the guide does not help me.
I'm using a Raspberry Pi 3 and my radio car is the following one : https://www.alpine-electronics.fr/p/Pro ... w/UTE-72BT

Is there a special location where the long should be put? Did i miss something?

Thanks for the tips.

Kamigaku

Re: Play music on car radio with bluetooth

Wed Jan 30, 2019 6:44 pm

Up!

I still need help on this subject. As i said i've managed to pair my raspberry with the car radio but i still can play music through bluetooth. Even with "aplay" or "paplay".

default_user8

Thu Jan 31, 2019 12:08 am

Why bluetooth, no usb port on your radio?
Two heads are better than one, unless one's a goat head.

Imperf3kt

Thu Jan 31, 2019 1:24 am

I play audio in my car via Bluetooth just fine, no special requirements.

I will note that my stereo has two Bluetooth modes and selecting the wrong one, will give the impression no audio is transferring.

One mode is for VoIP style use, the other is for music and other general sounds sent over Bluetooth.

Just to be sure, have you selected the correct input on your stereo and checked the Pi is outputting its audio via Bluetooth?
55:55:44:44:4C
52:4C:52:42:41

drgeoff

Thu Jan 31, 2019 7:13 pm

Imperf3kt wrote:
Thu Jan 31, 2019 1:24 am
I play audio in my car via Bluetooth just fine, no special requirements.

I will note that my stereo has two Bluetooth modes and selecting the wrong one, will give the impression no audio is transferring.

One mode is for VoIP style use, the other is for music and other general sounds sent over Bluetooth.
@imperf3kt

It is very unlikely that one mode is for "VoIP style" use. Sounds like you don't know what VoIP is. Suggest you Google it.

That mode is for phone calls. Possibly enables a microphone and automatically switches to the phone when making or receiving calls.

Imperf3kt

Thu Jan 31, 2019 8:31 pm

I had a brain fart and wrote the wrong thing.
I had intended to write hands free, otherwise known as headset mode.

Sorry for the mix up. I know what VoIP is.

Kamigaku

Fri Feb 01, 2019 8:55 am

default_user8 wrote:Why bluetooth, no usb port on your radio?
If i can not achieve the bluetooth path i'll go on this way but it will add another cable.
Imperf3kt wrote: I play audio in my car via Bluetooth just fine, no special requirements.

Just to be sure, have you selected the correct input on your stereo and checked the Pi is outputting its audio via Bluetooth?
How can I configure the audio output on a headless Pi ? Is there a file that can lead me there ?

Thanks for help guys.

Imperf3kt

Fri Feb 01, 2019 10:12 am

The section on "command line" should work for a headless Pi.
https://www.raspberrypi.org/documentati ... -config.md

Kamigaku

Mon Mar 11, 2019 11:58 am

I'm updating my situation here because i'm still stuck... To do a better testing situation i've removed the headless OS that I had and put a Raspbian version. When connecting to the pi, I succesfuly detect and connect to my car radio with bluetooth. I then select the audio output to the car radio but nothing is being played on the car radio. I've tried several songs, with vlc, with aplay, ... but nothing is working.
My car radio is stuck at a "searching" state like it is fetching for songs on the raspberry.

Any clue on how i could move on?
Thanks!

Kamigaku

Mon Mar 25, 2019 7:49 am

Kamigaku wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 11:58 am
I'm updating my situation here because i'm still stuck... To do a better testing situation i've removed the headless OS that I had and put a Raspbian version. When connecting to the pi, I succesfuly detect and connect to my car radio with bluetooth. I then select the audio output to the car radio but nothing is being played on the car radio. I've tried several songs, with vlc, with aplay, ... but nothing is working.
My car radio is stuck at a "searching" state like it is fetching for songs on the raspberry.

Any clue on how i could move on?
Thanks!
Up, still need help.

Imperf3kt

Mon Mar 25, 2019 7:57 am

Did both devices "pair"?
On first use you'll need to take a keyboard with you.

Kamigaku

Mon Mar 25, 2019 8:21 am

Imperf3kt wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2019 7:57 am
Did both devices "pair"?
On first use you'll need to take a keyboard with you.
Hello,

Yes they are both paired, my car radio has a special display when it's paired and it is displaying it when i'm powering on the raspberry.
I'm using TightVNC to acces the raspberry from another computer so the keyboard is here.

Kamigaku

Tue Apr 23, 2019 9:06 am

Up!
Last call for help, if no one can help me i'll switch to USB.

Return to “Advanced users”