Androsmeq

Raspberry pi connects app

Thu Dec 06, 2018 5:27 am

Alright, i made a program that is like a parking, when one car comes, presses on a button and it revervs a parking place(it changes a led from green to red). My program has 3 places you can park. I want do make a mobile app so that you can rezerve a spot and also show you what places are already parked and how many available.

What program can i use so i can make this . I know how to program in python.

neilgl

Re: Raspberry pi connects app

Thu Dec 06, 2018 11:11 am

As you know python I would go with flask on the pi, then the phone can just use its browser to look at the status of parking spaces etc.

Androsmeq

Thu Dec 06, 2018 12:15 pm

Tjank you for the respone, i will look at some tutorials. Is there any way i can use firebase because i saw some people using it and app inventor
One more thing. I dont want to monitor it when i am hot home because i think it is hard. If it is easyer just for it to be on the same wifi as the raspberry

scotty101

Thu Dec 06, 2018 1:11 pm

Androsmeq wrote:
Tjank you for the respone, i will look at some tutorials. Is there any way i can use firebase because i saw some people using it and app inventor
One more thing. I dont want to monitor it when i am hot home because i think it is hard. If it is easyer just for it to be on the same wifi as the raspberry
You could use firebase or app inventor OR you could go with what neilgl suggested an use flask (or similar) to develop a web application that will work on any device.
If you just want it to work on your home wifi, this is even simpler.
Electronic and Computer Engineer
Pi Interests: Home Automation, IOT, Python and Tkinter

Androsmeq

Thu Dec 06, 2018 2:38 pm

scotty101 wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 1:11 pm
Androsmeq wrote:
You could use firebase or app inventor OR you could go with what neilgl suggested an use flask (or similar) to develop a web application that will work on any device.
If you just want it to work on your home wifi, this is even simpler.
I will look in App inventor because it seems easyer

Return to “Advanced users”