hanz99

Raspbian Jessie vs Raspbian Wheezy

Thu Dec 31, 2015 1:35 am

What is the difference between Raspbian Wheezy and Raspbian Jessie and NOOBS Raspbian ?

Various systems say to use Wheezy or Jessie.

Hanz

DougieLawson

Re: Raspbian Jessie vs Raspbian Wheezy

Thu Dec 31, 2015 1:38 am

Wheezy is DebIan version 7. Jessie is DebIan version 8.
Wheezy is now end of support except for security fixes. The Raspbian build of Jessie was released for the RPis in September.

So the choice is easy. Forget Wheezy, install Jessie to get a current, supported and supportable operating system.
Note: Having anything remotely humorous in your signature is completely banned on this forum.

Any DMs sent on Twitter will be answered next month.

This is a hippy & doctor free zone.

dhawal

Thu Sep 15, 2016 12:50 am

I have the latest version of rasp jam and I can't get my gpio pins to work as outputs
Any suggestions?

rpdom

Thu Sep 15, 2016 4:54 am

dhawal wrote:I have the latest version of rasp jam and I can't get my gpio pins to work as outputs
Any suggestions?
1. Start a new post with your problem, as it is unrelated to the original question.

2. On that post, give more details of what you are trying to do: Which OS are you using? What instructions are you following? Which pins have you wired up? (drawings or photographs would be good). Post your code (in [ code ] taga to make it easy to read).

[edit]I now see that you've also started a new post on this subject, so I'll repeat the second comment on that on. Follow-ups to viewtopic.php?f=63&t=159862&view=unread#p1037723 please.

drgeoff

Fri Sep 16, 2016 5:18 pm

hanz99 wrote:What is the difference between Raspbian Wheezy and Raspbian Jessie and NOOBS Raspbian ?

Various systems say to use Wheezy or Jessie.

Hanz
NOOBS contains whatever version of Raspbian was current when that version of NOOBS was put together. There is no difference between Raspbian Jessie installed via NOOBS and Raspbian Jessie installed as an img file.

nomida

Fri Sep 16, 2016 8:56 pm

Uhm,
for sure if I have to work with BLE I will stay on a distribution with kernel 3.x.

Right now, Jessie has 4.4 and Wheezy 3.x.

Cheers

Return to “Advanced users”