abishur

Progamming Arudino (over USB) with Pi

Wed Aug 26, 2015 2:14 am

I've set up a pi to program an Arduino that it's also powering over the USB port of the arduino. But I'm having a lot of problems actually getting the pi to reliably upload the program to the arduino, half the time it will error out saying the programmer is out of sync.

I've gone through the steps to disable the ttyACM0 console both in /etc/inittab and in /boot/cmdline.txt, but it will still always fail when it is connected to ttyACM0, I get about a 50% failure rate once I unplug and replug the arduino and it attaches to ttyACM1, but I get a very good (almost 100%) success rate when connect to ttyACM2.

Am I missing something such that ttyACM0 is in use by another device despite me disabling the console port that creating a conflict when I try to upload to the arduino? Or is there some way I can just tell linux to always connect the arudino to ttyACM2 since that appear to be my most reliable spot?
Dear forum: Play nice ;-)

ukscone
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Re: Progamming Arudino (over USB) with Pi

Wed Aug 26, 2015 5:45 am

setup a udev rule

not exactly sure what it'd be for your particular arduino but something like the answer on http://unix.stackexchange.com/questions ... tatic-name

B.Goode

Re: Progamming Arudino (over USB) with Pi

Wed Aug 26, 2015 5:49 am

It might be relevant to know what model of Arduino you are battling with: they don't all connect the same way.

Return to “Advanced users”