Doctorwho8

No Ethernet

Fri Jul 18, 2014 5:09 am

Hello!
Today I started setting up both the Raspberry Pi and an older router then this one and a Wireless Access Point for the device that will be used with the Raspberry Pi.

The Raspberry Pi was working perfectly for the past several days prior. I followed the usual procedures for Linux to shut it down, and then disconnected the power and the Ethernet cable.

Finally I connected the Ethernet cable to the backup, and reconnected power. Since I couldn't see the backup from this end, I decided to wait until a completely different device arrives.

I then decided to move the RasPi back to the regular router. And connected the Ethernet cable, and of course power.

All I saw was the power indicators.

What can I do besides connecting the thing to a video display and my keyboard, and watching from that perspective to see what else is going on, including the Ethernet cables?

To the RaspBerry Pi Foundation people who might be reading this, the card was purchased for me as part of a starter package for my fiftieth birthday.

If the device has suffered a solid failure what would happen next?
-------------------
Gregg
Doctor Who8

Doctorwho8

Re: No Ethernet

Fri Jul 18, 2014 6:03 am

Hello!
Strange. I did what I normally do when starting out fresh. I created the card's contents all over again. It worked. Now I'm looking across at working system who promptly pulled down a lot of stuff for the "apt-get upgrade" or "apt-get update" functions.

Well I'll still appreciate responses. A box of those blue crystals to people who have good ideas.
-------------------
Gregg
Doctor Who8

Return to “Troubleshooting”