RickyVaughn

No boot - steady red LED

Sun Aug 25, 2013 2:01 pm

Hi people,

this is my first post to the forum and as I'm fairly new to the Raspberry Pi, please try to be patient with me ... ;-)
I've bought a Rev. B Pi (512 MB RAM) and can't get it booting: After plugging SD-Card, Keyboard, LAN and HDMI-Cable and connecting the power-cable the ACK-LED flashes on short time and than the power LED is on steady.
I've checked this trouble shooting page, tried two different SDHC Cards (Transcend TS16GSDHC10E and Panasonic 8 GB SDHC) and two different systems to bring an actual Raspbian “wheezy” image to the card (Windows XP with Windows Imager and Ubuntu 12.04 with Image Writer) - nothing happens either.
All two cards seem to have the correct files as told in the trouble shooting area (bootcode.bin, fixup.dat and start.elf amongst others ).
Before I flashed the image(s), I used the SD Association Formatting tool (https://www.sdcard.org/downloads/format ... a_windows/).
Could anyone provide me with an idea why my Pi won't boot ?
Greets,

RV.

DenzelGuy123

Re: No boot - steady red LED

Sun Aug 25, 2013 8:23 pm

Use Win32 Disk imager for your SD card.
http://sourceforge.net/projects/win32diskimager/

RickyVaughn

Sun Aug 25, 2013 8:24 pm

Edit:

If I use the BerryBoot Installer, the ACK-LED flashes eight times but also without any image on the screen.
Any ideas ?
Greets,

RV.

@ DenzelGuy123: As I wrote, I used exactly this imager.

itimpi

Sun Aug 25, 2013 9:08 pm

RickyVaughn wrote:Edit:

If I use the BerryBoot Installer, the ACK-LED flashes eight times but also without any image on the screen.
Any ideas ?
Greets,

RV.

@ DenzelGuy123: As I wrote, I used exactly this imager.
Eight flashes means that the RAM chips have not been recognised by the bootcode.bin code? Do your have a M on top for Micron RAM chips? If so you need the very latest bootcode.bin code in your boot partition - there is a good chance that berryboot does not include it

RickyVaughn

Mon Aug 26, 2013 8:45 am

Hi there,

a newly formatted sd card (via the sd card formatter) and an extracted NOOBS-Zip did the trick !
But thanks for your responses.
Cheers,

RV.

@ itimpi: Thanks fpr your information about the eight times flashing ! :-)

Return to “Troubleshooting”