I'm going to work on a project. It is a box that plays music controlled by my mobile phone.
Here is the concept:
- The box is made out of wood. dimensions about 40x30x60cm (could be more)
- The box contains speakers. I think i'm going to use some car speakers.
- The music is stored on a usb stick with 32gb memory and connected to the Pi.
- I will use my phone to add songs to a playlist for box (via WiFi direct or bluetooth).
- Maybe a little LCD screen with some info on it
- Buttons to adjust volume
- In the sides of the box -> female power connector, possibility to add speakers (female jack plug)
- The raspberry pi is connected to a 5v battery
- The speakers are connected to a 12v battery
- Lights for decoration (on/off by extra button)
- Maybe some more
What do I need for this? I have:
- WiFi dongle (from dealextreme)
- Wiring and buttons
- car speakers
- 5v and 12v battery
- LCD screen (from dealextreme)