kbailey

minor problems

Sun Feb 10, 2013 5:56 pm

Wheezy is running, but i have a few pickles to pick:
1. I want to slow the overclock, it is making monor mistakes on the graphics. how to get in to do this? reboot does not offer the menu again.
2. change the graphics settings on screen width and height? The thing wants to draw outside the available viewable screen area.

3. Someone tell the folk and raspberryboot that when you use that, the opsys flavor it installs is flaky; are we all drinking from the same well? It;'s a great idea, but the results are dissapointing.
-Cheers!
-_-=-_-=-_-=-_-=-_-=-_-=-_-=-_-=-
Computers are the new Logos.
Does this compute?

redhawk

Re: minor problems

Sun Feb 10, 2013 6:09 pm

overclocking options are stored in /boot/config.txt (config.txt is also visible from a memory card reader via Windows / Mac)

Richard S.

PS1981

Sun Feb 10, 2013 6:09 pm

1. do "sudo raspi-config"
2. you can play around with settings in /boot/config.txt then reboot, or maybe you just need to enable/disable overscan in raspi-config.
3. I dont know.

DirkS

Sun Feb 10, 2013 6:23 pm

kbailey wrote:3. Someone tell the folk and raspberryboot that when you use that, the opsys flavor it installs is flaky; are we all drinking from the same well? It;'s a great idea, but the results are dissapointing.
You mean 'the folk at BerryBoot'? Why don't you tell them that yourself (e.g. at https://github.com/maxnet/berryboot/issues)? Just saying it's flaky is not very helpful, so don't forget to tell them what's actually wrong with it...

Gr.
Dirk.

kbailey

Sun Feb 10, 2013 6:41 pm

opk, to edit it I need the su password. out of the box, what is this? NAtch, I will change it. For that matter, is there an online user manual for wheezy?

The moderate overclock seems to be working out ok now the display properties are changed somewhat. it ewas display settings that was creating the trouble, not speed. moderate at +2v and 900 Mhz is making for an acceptably lively little box! WEre it in a hot environment zI would want to go and slow that down to helpo avoid overheat- or mount a microfan??? Hmmm...
-Cheers!
Does this compute?

DirkS

Sun Feb 10, 2013 8:03 pm

kbailey wrote:opk, to edit it I need the su password. out of the box, what is this? NAtch, I will change it. For that matter, is there an online user manual for wheezy?
On Wheezy there's no su password. Just using

Code: Select all

sudo nano /boot/config.txt
should be enough.
WEre it in a hot environment zI would want to go and slow that down
Looks like you're overheating too... slow down your typing and your posts might even become reasonably readable ;)

Gr.
Dirk.

kbailey

Thu Feb 14, 2013 8:28 am

DirkS wrote:
kbailey wrote:opk, to edit it I need the su password. out of the box, what is this? NAtch, I will change it. For that matter, is there an online user manual for wheezy?
On Wheezy there's no su password. Just using

Code: Select all

sudo nano /boot/config.txt
should be enough.
Were it in a hot environment I would want to go and slow that down
Looks like you're overheating too... slow down your typing and your posts might even become reasonably readable ;)
Diabetic neuropathy makes for numb fingers;l when the minds is more on the ideas than the fingers strange things happen.,
Gr.
Dirk.
Strangely enough, the newest flavor with the update does not seem to play well with the config file, not a bit.What to do now?
-Cheers!
Does this compute?

Return to “Troubleshooting”