reekerder

Login/Shutdown screen loop?

Thu Sep 19, 2019 7:54 pm

Hello everyone!

I'm having the same exact problem as https://www.raspberrypi.org/forums/view ... n#p1366054 where I'm prompted to login to my RPi after creating some new user in the terminal. I'll use the standard "pi" account and login with the password "raspberry", where the screen will flash black and bring me back to the login screen. Most, if not all, solutions I've seen have been about getting to the terminal, and turning on login w/o gui or something; but my problem is I don't know how to get to a terminal without being able to login to the desktop. In that thread I've linked, many people agree on pulling up a "tty" (I'm new and don't understand exactly what that is besides just a specific terminal instance, but the hotkey they recommend is not working for me. As in, Ctrl + Alt + F1 (or F2 or F3 for that matter) will not bring up a terminal for me.

How should I approach this situation?
P.S. It'd be worth noting that I'm SSH'd into the Pi through VNC, and do not have physical access to it until next weekend. Thanks a million, you guys!

smclaugh5

Re: Login/Shutdown screen loop?

Tue Oct 08, 2019 8:11 pm

You will have to have physical access to use ctrl-alt-F1

Any progress?

Return to “Troubleshooting”