Flying_Kebab

Red screen

Tue Jul 30, 2019 4:40 pm

I booted with NOOB, pressed number 2 on my keyboard. I do have a screen but its red and distorted. Why?

pcmanbob

Re: Red screen

Wed Jul 31, 2019 8:09 am

Hi.

From the little information you have supplied I would suggest you check you have the HDMI cable pushed all the way in at both ends,

without further information about how you pi is connected to the display and what display you are using there is little more we can offer in the way of help.
We want information… information… information........................no information no help
The use of crystal balls & mind reading are not supported

Flying_Kebab

Mon Aug 19, 2019 11:43 am

pcmanbob wrote:
Hi.

From the little information you have supplied I would suggest you check you have the HDMI cable pushed all the way in at both ends,

without further information about how you pi is connected to the display and what display you are using there is little more we can offer in the way of help.
Sorry for the late reply, when I wrote this I was pretty frustrated. Yes the HDMI cable is connected at both ends and I tried the HDMI_boost edit form editing the config.txt but nothing helped. I am using a computer monitor. 1080P resolution.

fruitoftheloom

Mon Aug 19, 2019 11:55 am

Flying_Kebab wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2019 11:43 am
pcmanbob wrote:
Hi.

Sorry for the late reply, when I wrote this I was pretty frustrated. Yes the HDMI cable is connected at both ends and I tried the HDMI_boost edit form editing the config.txt but nothing helped. I am using a computer monitor. 1080P resolution.

Completely forget using NoobS, use Etcher to create a standalone Raspbian Buster SD Card:

https://www.balena.io/etcher/

https://www.raspberrypi.org/downloads/raspbian/
Retired disgracefully.....

Return to “Troubleshooting”