shootingcomet

Raspberry PI Model 2B not booting up (Nothing on Monitor display) after installing the latest 'Raspbian Buster w deskto

Sun Jul 28, 2019 1:31 am

Raspberry PI Model 2B not booting up (Nothing on Monitor display) after installing the latest 'Raspbian Buster with desktop' version.
It was working fine with older raspbian. Wanted to setup pi hole so decided to use latest version. First I formatted MicroSD card with SD formatter and then used belan etcher to install the image which confirmed successful completion. After putting the micro sdcard in the PI it starts flickering red and green and green stays on for long time and then goes off. Nothing on the display monitor. Scanned to microsd card on windows laptop for issues but none found.
Appreciate any help.

jamesh
Raspberry Pi Engineer & Forum Moderator
Raspberry Pi Engineer & Forum Moderator

Re: Raspberry PI Model 2B not booting up (Nothing on Monitor display) after installing the latest 'Raspbian Buster w des

Mon Jul 29, 2019 1:23 pm

How is the monitor connected?
Principal Software Engineer at Raspberry Pi (Trading) Ltd.
Contrary to popular belief, humorous signatures are allowed. Here's an example...
“I think it’s wrong that only one company makes the game Monopoly.” – Steven Wright

HypnoToad

Re: Raspberry PI Model 2B not booting up (Nothing on Monitor display) after installing the latest 'Raspbian Buster w des

Mon Jul 29, 2019 2:12 pm

If you have a spare SD card then flash that with the older Raspbian and see if you get anything on the screen then

shootingcomet

Thu Aug 01, 2019 7:40 pm

Hi I dont have the old image anymore. and Monitor is connected via HDMI . I have purchased a new SDHC card and tried again , same result.

Attached is the link of the video to show the RED and GREEN led blinking sequence if that helps any ways:

Video Link : https://drive.google.com/open?id=1zJqco ... AzjlE57k2q

Thank you

rpdom

Thu Aug 01, 2019 8:26 pm

I don't see the red LED blinking at all in that video. The green LED seems to be showing fairly normal start up activity.

Have you tried another HDMI cable or even another monitor?

shootingcomet

Sun Aug 04, 2019 12:20 am

Hi I do not have another monitor, but the monitor worked fine with older raspbian and works fine with my laptop also.
Regarding the Red LED, it is always ON . it is the first LED next to Green and stays on after green blinks bunch of times and finally stops. Video shows that. Not sure If I missed something. Appreciate your inputs

regards

HawaiianPi

Sun Aug 04, 2019 1:20 am

shootingcomet wrote:
Thu Aug 01, 2019 7:40 pm
Hi I dont have the old image anymore. and Monitor is connected via HDMI . I have purchased a new SDHC card and tried again , same result.
The last Raspbian Stretch image can be downloaded from here: https://downloads.raspberrypi.org/raspb ... 019-04-09/
If you need something earlier than that, go up to the parent directory and you'll find older versions.

If the monitor has more than one input, make sure the correct input is selected, and also that the monitor is turned on before the Pi.

Sometimes cases can interfere with plugging a cable all the way in. Make sure the HDMI cable is properly connected.
My mind is like a browser. 27 tabs are open, 9 aren't responding,
lots of pop-ups...and where is that annoying music coming from?

Return to “Troubleshooting”