itsmedoofer

Strange behaviour.

Wed Jun 26, 2019 3:08 pm

Hi,

I’ve been seeing some strange behavior when using the full images of Stretch and now Buster.

I’ve tested with a clean install, changed password, enabled “Wait for Network” and updated on a 3B and a 3B+

First:-

If I move the mouse when the splash screen is displayed at boot, it reverts back to the scrolling console text and then gets caught in some kind of loop, I cant read the text because it is cycling too fast, the only option is to kill the power and have another go.

Second:-

If I let the system boot and have not touched the mouse or keyboard until it is up, very often the first touch of the mouse will crash me back to a shell log-in prompt, I then have to enter my log-in details an use startx to get the desktop up. I can get around this by moving the mouse as soon as the splash screen disappears…

Any ideas ?

fruitoftheloom

Re: Strange behaviour.

Wed Jun 26, 2019 3:20 pm

itsmedoofer wrote:
Wed Jun 26, 2019 3:08 pm
Hi,

I’ve been seeing some strange behavior when using the full images of Stretch and now Buster.

I’ve tested with a clean install, changed password, enabled “Wait for Network” and updated on a 3B and a 3B+

First:-

If I move the mouse when the splash screen is displayed at boot, it reverts back to the scrolling console text and then gets caught in some kind of loop, I cant read the text because it is cycling too fast, the only option is to kill the power and have another go.

Second:-

If I let the system boot and have not touched the mouse or keyboard until it is up, very often the first touch of the mouse will crash me back to a shell log-in prompt, I then have to enter my log-in details an use startx to get the desktop up. I can get around this by moving the mouse as soon as the splash screen disappears…

Any ideas ?

Power Supply not up to the job ?? the Official PSU is good 5.1V 2.5A

Knackered SD Card ??
Retired disgracefully.....

Return to “Troubleshooting”