hariskar

Can't install phpldapadmin

Thu May 23, 2019 3:41 am

When I try to install phpldapadmin I get message that it has unresolved dependencies: php5-ldap, libapache2-mod-php5, libapache2-mod-php5 which all are not installable.

~ $ lsb_release -a
No LSB modules are available.
Distributor ID: Raspbian
Description: Raspbian GNU/Linux 9.9 (stretch)
Release: 9.9
Codename: stretch

Any help?
Thank you!

Andyroo

Re: Can't install phpldapadmin

Thu May 23, 2019 8:17 am

I have a horrid feeling the all php modules are now version 7 and 5 has been pulled.

Last time I built a LAMP server I just used

Code: Select all

sudo apt-get install php
to pull php in.
Need Pi spray - these things are breeding in my house...

rpdom

Re: Can't install phpldapadmin

Thu May 23, 2019 8:54 am

From what I can see, phpldapadmin isn't available in Debian Stretch because it relies on PHP5 and Stretch only has PHP7. I'm not sure why it is in Raspbian.

It may be possible to pull in the version from Raspbian Buster, which uses PHP7, but that means a bit of jiggery-pokery in the sources.list.d files and apt-preferences. If you follow this route, always take a backup of your system first. Preferable to another SD card, then boot up from the backup - don't touch the original. That way you can be sure that your backup worked and you have a working original to fall back on if something breaks.

FWIW, I'm running a couple of systems that have some packages from Buster installed (and even one with a few bits from Debian Sid, but I would strongly not recommend that).

Return to “Troubleshooting”