hvdkooij

LG TV with HDMI-CEC not working for KODI

Sat Jan 19, 2019 2:48 pm

Hi,

I have been digging around a bit but couldn't find a solution yet.

I have my PI (3B) attached to my LG TV and installed KODI on top of Rasbian. It shows just find and it connects the CEC to my TV.
But my TV remote seems to have no impact at all. It seems as if is claimed by the PI as I can't even switch input to another HDMI port for example. The only ones that still have an effect on the TV itself are the Power button and the brightness control.

None of the other ones shown anything.

The TV is a LG 32LC51

Code: Select all

pi@KODI:~$ cec-client -l
libCEC version: 4.0.2, git revision: libcec-4.0.2+30-8adc786~dirty, compiled on Mon Aug 21 09:41:41 UTC 2017 by root@hostname: Name or service not known on Linux 4.4.0-92-generic (armv7l), features: P8_USB, DRM, P8_detect, randr, RPi
Found devices: 1

device:              1
com port:            RPI
vendor id:           2708
product id:          1001
firmware version:    1
type:                Raspberry Pi
This is a rather new terrain for me so I am still struggling on how to debug this.
I am not particularly shy around Linux, bash or vi, so if someone can guide me on how to debug this issue I will dive in with a couple of SSH session and see what I can dig up.

What I would like is to use the remote to control the basics of KODI. And for the other functions to use the remote for the TV.
This is a big issue in regard to the W.A.F. (Wife Acceptance Factor)

klricks

Re: LG TV with HDMI-CEC not working for KODI

Sat Jan 19, 2019 5:24 pm

Have you enabled CEC in the TV OSD?
On most brands of TV the CEC is not enabled by default.
Each brand has their own name for CEC. LG is SIMPLINK per Google.
Unless specified otherwise my response is based on the latest and fully updated Raspbian Stretch w/ Desktop OS.

Return to “Troubleshooting”